Fishin' with the GA brothers....

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCatJack, Oct 30, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    What would y'all think about getting together with the brothers from Georgia next year on West Point Lake during their spring-time gathering? Y'all think about it and let me know. I've talked with a couple of them and have been told that we're more than welcome. Y'all think about it and let me know. Here's the link on it: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95927 I think it'd be a good opportunity. Those guys are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    That sounds great! It could be an SEC BOC Ga SC smakaroo good time!

What time we gonna eat? :smile2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Ol' Pop Pop sure likes fun and good times. Sounds good to me.:big_smile:

4. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Sounds good to me, count me in.

5. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I would love too, but I will only know if I can if the disability goes through by then, and if my health holds and nothing else goes wrong... Really had a good time at the greenwood gathering so 2-3 days of it would be awesome. lol

6. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Well, here's the thing.....We all need to get together sometime to discuss this. We need to figure out who can drive, pull a boat/camper, firewood (Brad, that's your department), food, who can bring a grill/smoker/fryer, who wants to ride with somebody else, how much it's gonna be so we know how to split it, etc.

I'm all for it, and I'm drivin'. So, I can carry three and a half with me (the backseat in my truck is small) plus pull a boat/camper or whatever. I'm almost willing to talk to BassMassey to schedule a trip to fish with him on Lake Oconee and talk to him about it. He, fishwestpoint, and r ward are the ones putting it together. I just don't want it to turn into too much of a hassle for everybody, money-wise and time-wise.

I talked to Chris (buster) today and while we were on the phone, his dad looked it up online and said that it was a 4.5-hour drive. I know it's a ways to go, but from what I understand from the GA fellers, West Point's an awesome flathead fishery. It might be worth it.

But like I said, I just want us to go down, meet some new brothers, catch a few fish, and have a good time. I'm glad I've gotten so much support from y'all on this. I really appreciate it. Oh, and some of the Tennessee Brothers are already talking like they're going to be there. If y'all can stand a few more Volunteers.....:smile2:

7. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    If we're able to go (that will depend on many factors as the trip will put me down for a day at least), we will have our truck and toon...

Fair warning though to all... If we make it, the trip will hurt me no matter what and I will be extremely medicated (dumb as a stump zombified)... so expect slurring and stupidity... LOL (no I'm not kidding)...

The truck I'm looking at and wanting, is a 1985 diesel dually 4X4... If we can get it or one like it, I will take it and have it converted to a straight vegetable oil diesel... This means, I pull up to the back of a restaurant and fill up my fuel. LOL Free fuel forever... We already have 2 restaurants that are holding oil for us, and we will start getting the oil next week. WOOHOO! Now we just gotta get tanks to hold it...

The reason I brought this up is....... If anyone is wanting to go, but doesn't have the gas money to pull a boat that far, guess what... free fuel = unlimited miles, and we can work out a way for more to come... If I have to go down 2 days early, so we can get more people, so be it, that will give my body time to get over that long drive. hehe

Karen doesn't now, nor will she know how to drive something that large, much less pull anything... She never has, and the biggest she's ever drove was my 1500 1996 4X4... so if this is feasible and someone wants or needs my truck to pull, they would have to go down with me and the family a couple days early and drive it all the way back to get their boat?

ok. I've rambled enough... I guess what I am really trying to say is that I would LOVE to come, and maybe can help out someone else that might need it... Just keep it in mind...

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    would be great if some of ya'll can make it down here next spring. As far as haulin all that wood and smokers I think the GA brothers will have all of that covered. I think all you guys need is some boats, some fishin rods, and maybe a few man-cola's for pop-pop, lol. If you wanna come down here catjack you're welcome anytime. Actually I'm off mon, tue, and wed this week and plan on fishing every one of 'em.

9. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Ok, before Carolinacatjack (Matt) starts up with the "pick on Sunbird" for not showing, What are the dates for this hootinanny smackaroo BOC gatherin'?

I fished the entire weekend of my 7th wedding anniversary. :smile2:
    I will be fishing in a tourney the weekend of my wife's birthday. :eek:oooh:
    Our third child is due this Spring, March 19th to be exact. Now my wife loves me and encourages me to fish all I want when I can. I am pretty POSITIVE I should be there for this event. :wink: LOL!!
    I will be glad to come and bring "Miss Flattie" to represent the SC brothers and join in the fun and fellowship! Flathead fishin' is the BEST!!!!!!! I Love it!!!

BUT, I have to be there when "Jesse" comes into this world. See Steve, I am keeping my priorities straight! :wink:

10. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    OK Rambo, refer back a couple of posts. I posted the link to the GA gathering thread. It showed the dates as April 3, 4, and 5. I think that's a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Anyway, pop pop, you and Sunbird are riding with me. I've gotta have some laughs for a trip that long. I doubt very seriously that I'll have my boat by then, but hey, pop pop will have TWO boats by then. We'll get something worked out.

And there ain't no such thing as a hootnanny with us.....This here's gonna be full blown redneck shindiggin'.....I might even bring my banjo and start singin' Rocky Top for y'all (You think I'm kidding. Ye have been forewarned.....) If anybody wants to call me, please do. My number's 864-243-7863. Hey Rambo, I expect to hear from YOU.....TONIGHT.....Cock-boy. LMAO

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    "Anyway, pop pop, you and Sunbird are riding with me."

Are you implying that I have multiple personalities?

As far as the dates go: THAT"S GREAT!! Jesse should be old enough by then to pull anchor or something. We start them off early!

If you break out the banjo in the dark around a bonfire..............wait a minute! Are you talkin' about, "boy I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig"
    Those guys were on a fishin' trip too! Hmmmmm I don't know? :smile2::smile2::smile2:
    That did happen in the upstate :eek:oooh:

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    :smile2:Ain't no Banjo gonna be on the boat. Thats for sure.:smile2:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Every day is a matter of economics for me. If i have money I go fishin' If I don't I stay home. Certainly, if the gathering is economically possible for me, I'll be there!
    Bill in SC

14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    It would be great to see some SC folks at the gathering. It is a bit of a drive, but well worth it for sure!

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Ya'll best show up if you wanta bring a smoker or wood fine if not fine just bring your selves and out of all the gatherings I been to about 5 countin the National I ain't never seen anybody not welcome and always lota food

16. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Well Bill, if push comes to shove and you need some help, we'll make arrangements to swing through Bennettsville to pick you up. I don't want anybody left out that wants to go....

17. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Well im finally baclk fellas I would love to go. As long as that jerk boss of mine will let me off !!:smile2: As far as me I will bring the boat of course and I dont have acess to a camper, but I have all the firewood a man could possibly burn. Since I hear its a flathead whole maybee I can bring some of those 2 lb brim too !!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey Bruce, where you at? Please tell me that you'll try to make it. It just wouldn't seem right.....I'll get Doug to sit on you if you don't.

19. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey, jerk boss, you ARE going.....End of discussion.

Bring ya wood, bring ya boat, and bring ya bait. We's a'goin' fishin.

20. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Of course Im goin I couldn't let you hoolingins emarass us SC boys without helpin you out !!!!!! Just keep me away from the J D It does terrible thing to me Ill stick with my man colas and tequlia !!!!:smile2::smile2: