Fishin With A Devil Dog

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, Aug 29, 2006.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    Went fishin for channels sunday night and was glad that the bite was on. My fishin partner and i stopped at the holloway res. too catch some shad for bait then hit the river downstream a bit.Things didnt look good at my little fishin hole and started to worry wede get skunked. It was close to midnight and decided to go back up to the dam, smart choice! The water level was way up and it didnt take long before we started landing fish. Nothing over 10 pounds was caught but it was a pretty good night. It made me happy to see my fishin partner catch the biggest one of the night even though it broke the line right as we tried to grab it. This partner, friend and soon to be brother in law hasnt been able to fish in a long time and wont be able to for an even longer time. You see, this young man is a UNITED STATES MARINE and he's still in his teens. It made me proud to go fishin with someone much braver than me. He's home on a very short visit before goin off to kuwait and im hoping he'll be safe and get his butt back soon so we can hit the water again. Not many people can say theyve fished with a devil dog, but i can!!!!

2. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Glad you caught some fish and had a good fishin partner Semper Fidelis.

3. mich dave

mich dave New Member

State:
    Otisville
    Hey them fighten men need the best we can give them. If he still has some time I've got a pond with big cat's{it's not like shooten fish in a barrel } and right now there hungery. you must be from my neck of the woods if you fished Hollway land line me 989 871 2504

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I'm not sure what a Devil Dog is, but any member of our armed services commands my respect. Rick, I've met Mich Dave before, he and his sons are good fishermen. Take him up on his offer, he is a sincere man.
    Sparky

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad to see you had a good night. Thanks for sharing!!

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great night of fishing, I thought you took a Hostess Devil Dog and put it on the line. LMAO

7. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    hey sparky, just wanted to let you know that a devil dog is a nickname given to a US Marine after a German Commander once said, "Marines fight like devils". thanks for your input about mich dave, i will be contacting him soon. take it easy bro.

8. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    I thought he meant water-dog or mud puppy, some kind of bait.
    Glad it was a good trip.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Goin fishin with anyone who is in the armed Forces is a very honorable thing to do! Did you not say he is a teenager.My goodness! So young and yet so brave! Reps for ya man!-----------pk powell:big_smile: