fishin tomorrow

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by LinebBoatRunner, Feb 9, 2008.

1. LinebBoatRunner

LinebBoatRunner New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    gonna try webbers tomorrow. anybody fished the L@D recently

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Never fished there, Jesse. Let us know how you did. Might get down that way some day. :roll_eyes:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    GOOOOOOOOOD LUUUUUUUUUUUCK !!!!! :smile2:

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    never fished the lock and dam, but the fish are biting above the dam at brewers bend if you can get bait

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Heard they are tearing them up off the edge of the river channell above the dam at greenleaf.

6. LinebBoatRunner

LinebBoatRunner New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    lettin ya know how we did saturday. we caught six eaters on cut shad. they were generating, runnin too much water to fish properly.

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    You can hear anything you want to around here... Just ask someone for a specific answer and you'll get one... but you can bet that if someone tells you they're biting good, they aint.:confused2:

The fellows you wanna follow are them that just kinda look away and pretend they didn't hear you. Don't let them know you're folleyin them or they'll lead you on a merry chase..:eek:oooh:

Me, I'll give with the straight dope when I know it. If I don't know, I'll tell you how to find them on your own!:wink: Don't be shy... jus ask me.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sorry Albert, didn't know I was giving away your honey holes:embarassed:. Just trying to put a brother on some fish:wink:.

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Ah............ but a Merry-chase is fun:smile2::eek:oooh: Especially when someone is trying to "pirate" one of your spots...................... :wink:

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Didn't know ya could have MY SPOTS on public water? Figured if i was there first, I'll fish it. Jus my thoughts.

11. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Yeah... public waters belong to the public! but most of "my spots" are very small, on the order of a few yards in diameter or less. The chance of someone accidentally setting up on one of them is relatively remote.

I will search for hours... sometimes days before locating and marking a new spot in my GPS.

First thing I look for is a large area that has little or no underwater structure (common in most older lakes). Mark the perimiter of that area and then look for a channel or hump within that perimeter.

Humps are marked in the GPS, then a brushpile can be planted on it during the wintertime. Makes a great hotspot for the following year.

Channels are followed out to the perimeter and GPS marked at the intersection of channel and structure. This is a very small area that is used as an ambush area by predatory species.

Each fisherman has his own methods to search for a "honey hole", and they all work. I purposely left out the most important details of the above method, but if you can read the method, you will know the other parameters that you would use. Can't give away ALL of my secrets... then they'd not be secret anymore!

if you go fishing with me, I'll gladly answer all questions truthfully, accurately, and completely.

Let's Go Fishin! Any member of the BOC can ride with me when I go fishing... and all I ask for is a little help with the gastank. :wink:

Albert

12. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck Jesse going fishing myself sat.