Fishin' Story, Muskingum River, Ohio

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Xgrat, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Xgrat

Xgrat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As you can see in my attachment the current largest catfish I've caught. Fishing from Ellis Dam down to Malta and trying to get further south to Beverly (looks like good cover). This CAT was caught with my brother Otto (s-man).
    We anchored his boat just North of Zanesville, on Memorial Day about 9 PM. Casting downstream next to a pile of logs on/off the bank. Two poles right on top of it, and two farther out in the river. Right from the start our live Bluegill and Carp would alternate going nuts! First my two poles would shake like the dickens, then my brothers would start up the same 5 min's later. ... This lasted two full hours, not one hit! My brother is ready to move to another likely spot, but I'm convinced something big and scary is prowling these waters. Twenty min's later, Otto's pole takes off, I've got the camera running and this giant head surfaces! Looks like it could swallow the Bait bucket floating near by.
    After the weighing and measuring (approx. 44 lbs and 45 in.) he was tied off to the boat while we sat for coffee and... yes ... some bragging! I was just putting the lid on my thermos that my pole took off! Yes I landed the beauty shown in my profile 20 min's max, after my brother caught one. My little beauty was of course smaller 36 lbs and 41 in. No problem, my largest before was mid 20's and Otto's was his largest at the time too! Not a bad night fishing I thought. Don't usually land TWO big cats in one location on the same night! Figured they where just clearing out a spot to spawn in the upcoming week. Thanks for reading... Happy fishing to all!

Attached Files:

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Richard, welcome to the BOC. Good story and congrats on a great night out.

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Great story Richard, congrats on the good fish. Sounds like an exciting trip, thanx for sharing the story and pics.
    And sounds like a couple of PB'S. Good going.
    And welcome to the BOC, this a great first post.

4. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    thanks for the story....im pretty new to the area of zanesville and seen and heard of alot of big ones comming out of the river....i seen a 55 pounder and a 35 pounder come out of the waters where i live,and im hoping to beable to get out on the river to put my share of work in on the big ones this year....maybe ill see you and skip out there one day....good luck this year

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Richard welcome to the BOC! Great looking flattie you have there. Looks like you have a good fishing partner too. Best of luck to you this coming season. Make sure you don't let S-man catch all of them this year.

6. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    welcome to the BOC Richard,looking forward to fishing with you

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great story and welcome to the BOC!!!

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah, what they said.:big_smile:

9. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Welcome to the BOC , Im sure well all meet up this summer !
    Nice fish BTW

10. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Congrats on the very nice flattie Richard. Welcome to the BOC!

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Excellent story, I could imagine it all as I was reading really captured my interest! Really nice photo's also! You're gonna love this place!:big_smile:

12. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    That was a good storie. And a real good fish.Thanks for the story and pic.

13. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Is that one of the fish from the dvd skip made?

14. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Nice way to start. Welcome aboard.

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Bout time you showed up Rich, LOL. Now you got to tell them what you have set for your target weight this year lol. And I just wanted to tell you that you are the best camera man I got LOL.

16. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome, Richard! Really enjoyed reading your post and lookin forward to reading more :lol: Great fish, too!

17. Xgrat

Xgrat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks everyone, glad you've enjoyed the story. Yes MADCATTER that is the fish I caught on Skip's Video.

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    And he couldn't have done it without me lol lol.

19. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Skip, be carefull, that brother might end up out-fishing you before long.

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    We are gonna get together for the first trip this week. I hope we can catch something decent.