FISHIN REPORTS

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by rwg, Sep 8, 2009.

1. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Went to my favorite state fishing lake this weekend, all three days.
    saturday we kept 8channels 2-6 lbs, sunday they wouldn't bite kept 2 fish 1 was 6 lbs, the other was a 16" fish
    monday went back again, kept 5 fish 2-4 lbs
    so how did eneryone else do? these were all caught in 6 to 18 foot deep i love the fall for fishing, hunting season opened up so ther go about 1/2 of the fishermen and it will be to cold to waterski soon more room for me

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Rodger sounds like you did well....

Yes you have to like the fall for fishing.And right on into the winter:cool2:Got to love those crappies!!!!

I didn't go this weekend for the 1st time in a long time:sad2:.I spent time with the wife being she was on a short vacation.Went to Omaha zoo on Sunday and walked my living $$$ Off.

Plan to hit it hard this weekend though at Perry.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Yeah, I hear Tom is going to take up Mountain Climbing.:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:
    Nice trip Roger!
    I took a friend of mine fishin on Sun. Put him on the biggest fish of his life. That was fun.:smile2: We caught 3 flatheads and one channel. Biggest 17 lb. All on black perch.
    Last night I took my cousin out. Caught 4 flats, all under 5 lbs. I only got one of em.:sad2::smile2::smile2: Mixture of black perch, bluegills and goldfish.
    Now we have almost 6"s of rain, with storms predicted for the next 10 days.:crazy: That happened last year at about this time. I caught alot of flatheads.:wink::big_smile:
    Time to get out the rain gear.:smile2:

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i aint caught anything since the temp drop round here :sad2:. aint stopped me from goin to the river everynight though :big_smile:

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats how my whole season has been JJ.:angry::smile2:
    Most of it anyway. I still managed to pull some nice ones, and it AINT over.:wink: But it has been rough.
    I still keep goin though, you just never know.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    BETTER THAN SKUNKED BY FAR! GOOD REPORT

7. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Glad you did well Roger. It keeps try'n to rain here. Last 2 times I took the wife out it rain. Haven't caught a whole lot. Keep up the good work.

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Only got to fish for a couple hours on Sunday. The fish were biting at Milford though. We got about 12 of them from 2-5 pounds in 19-25 foot of water.

9. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Glad to see you got some fish Roger, it sounded like you were getting frustrated there for awhile:smile2:. It didn't start to turn on for me until the past 3 weeks or so.

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Tom you didn't happen to take your fishing rod to the Zoo with you did you now???? Did you notice the size of them goldfish they have swimming in some of those ponds?? Man all I can think of is them babys would make Good Flathead bait.LOL J.D.

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    ¿uǝǝq ƃuıɥsıɟ sɐɥ ʍoɥ os :smile2:

12. WizardOfOZ

WizardOfOZ New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Saturday my g/f and I drove out to Woodson SFL aka Lake Fagen with the usual results: gorgeous scenery, wildflowers everywhere, oh...and we found time to catch three fat channels (one on a nightcrawler, 2 on shrimp) in between dinking about for the ever-present bluegill with micro-jigs under a cork.
    Lunch at Hilltop cafe is mandatory when I make a trip near Toronto.

Sunday my buddy and I headed North to Marion Resevoir . I netted a few dozen shad at the Durham boat ramp, and we set up further up the river to fish for a few hours. The bite was erratic: first fish was a nice 6-7 lb carp that took a shiner of all things. A couple small channels followed, all on worms. Bullheads moved in, making worms impossible to fish, and the only other fish was a decent 4 lb channel on a shiner.

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :crazy: i see what your saying the rivers starting to flood here gonna be up for a looooong time :006:

14. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Welcome to the boc James, lots of good folks ans info here RWG

15. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    I went to Perry this morning got a late start fishing :roll_eyes: went up the Delaware a ways and started 7:30 am , didn't do to bad :big_smile: caught 5 cats total , smallest around 3 Lb and the largest I'd guess 7-8 Lb (he twisted himself of the stringer) I was home and had em cleaned by 2:00 Pm so not to bad a day for me.

From now on it's a rope stringer for me.

Oh about forgot only caught 1 Gar which surprised me because they were popping up all around .

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well you did better than me same story late start on the mdc about the same time 7:30am except i got the big goose egg 0 only got one bite and it wasnt a real exciteing one:angry: bad day for me been a while sence i been skunked:sad2:

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan

Sounds like you have fish in your area Bill.Might need to follow you on Sat.Just hope I dont mud in like the last time I went that way.

18. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    The water isn't really that shallow Tom , something like 5'4" or so if ya follow the old creek channel. There's 8'6" up creek about 1-1/2 mile. I'm still exploring the area , I only need 2' of water or less so I do go into real shallow water but slowly.
    well Gotta go glue my transducer together-:smile2:-I keep tying to the wrong logs--:beat_brick:

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I know its good in the river but the last time this spring i missed it about 50yrds:angry::embarassed:

But really you can get about anywhere needed north of the bridge just need to take it slow.

See you today sometime.

20. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    If you guys like high water the Neoshos about 2 miles wide right now.