FISHIN REPORTS 9/21

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by rwg, Sep 21, 2009.

1. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    What a nice weekend weather wise, no wind cool temps and the fish are bitting. Went to ElDorado saturday evening, fished for about 4 hours, caugth 4 small channels and one thatwas 3 lbs. Lots of bites andlost lots of bait to catch these fish. Sunday went to my favorite state fishing lake,
    caught a school of shad ( Thanks Tom, Shelby, Ray and Charlie for the cast net lession), these shad were bigger than i have caught before most were in the 4" to 5" in length . Had lots of bites on the shad, I was cutting them in haft and putting 3 chunks on the hook, They would yank the pcs offf and leave me with a bare hook and no fish. So I tryed putting the hook thru the shad at the tail and then hooking the shad thru the eyes leaving the hook exposed, that worked. There were lots of shad on top were I could seethem, we drifted aroud in the shad schools and ened up with 18 caught, between 3 and 6 lbs. A good day So who else caught them this weekend RWG

2. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 New Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    I had some bank lines out for the weekend didnt do to bad. Nothing was really biting on our poles this weekend either. I dont know what it was..... Thursday night was a heck of a night for me though. About midnight went out to check the lines... Missed a nice flathead on one of the lines...as I was pulling him up he hit the boat and came undone. He might of went over my self imposed 15 pound limit though so he would of went right back in anyway.... But then I load the boat on the back of the truck and drive about five feet before I realize something is wrong so I stop and my front passenger tire is flat as a pancake. I go to get my spare and of course its flat also. So after about a four and half mile walk I finally get home about 2 a.m. But the next morning my wifes grandpa gave me a ride to the tire shop I check them again and was able to give him some nice fillets off a nice channel and flathead so the day ended good even though the start kinda sucked for me. Then my nephew came down and we caught about six nice eaters of bank lines....pics in the kansas rivers section. Raining here today and tom, I go back to work for eight days again then with bow season starting I might be done fishing for a couple of months but Im going to fish some this winter for the first time just to see how it goes...John

3. channelman

channelman New Member

State:
    Linn Kansas
    Well at least you got out fishing, I had to work the last weekend of the state fair. Way to many people for me.

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Roger, its to bad we didn't know you were out there, the wife and I fished most of the night with Calvin. We could have hooked up, and had our own mini gathering.
    We were targeting Flathead, but didn't get any. We had a great time just BSing, and getting to know Calvin & his grandson Tyler.
    Looking forward to seeing all of you again next weekend.

5. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Ray, I don't stay very long on saturday, looks like the weather for next saturday will be ok. You are going to make it? see you there

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Went tonight and Ashley got a bigger fish than me.:smile2: I got a 6lb channel and she gets an 8lb flathead.:cool2:
    Live greenies on both.:wink:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Yeah, you take the lady fishing and like as not the big one will end up
    on her hook. But its sort of like winning by proxy. Bless the both of ya!