Fishin partner north GA, chattanooga area

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by redneckchev, Aug 22, 2007.

1. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    hi everyone i'm new to the forums.i'm tryin to find someone that would like to get together and go fishin sometime.i dont have a boat therefor i fish from the bank.i mainly fish the tn river and chickamauga lake.tryin to find some new spots to fish.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jon welcome aboard. There are several here from around your area but two that comes to mind are Cheeze and EricM Both those dudes can put you on to some fish and a hoot to be around to.

3. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks for the welcome bubbakat.

4. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    :0a25:Welcome to The BOC.:0a25:

5. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Hey, another Jon spelled the same way. Cool :smile2:

Welcome from another BOC rookie!

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Welcome to the BOC Jon. There are sevearl members here in Chattanooga area. When it cools off some we will holler at you and maybe we can hit the river and catch a few.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jim we gonna find out friday night if you any good at catching fish.:smile2:

8. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    sounds good to me.cant wait it atleast rains a little bit.

9. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    wheres the best place to find skipjack or shad in the tn river?

10. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Skipjack are currently thick below the Chickamauga dam (and other dams as well). For fishing from the bank, I'd suggest going early before the current gets too fast. If they aren't close to the dam, walk downriver a ways and you can usually get them there. Keep in touch, and when the weather cools some we'll get out on the Chickamauga!

11. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    well looks like i'll be headin to the dam to see if can get me some lol.

12. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Jon, you should take EricM up on his offer when you get a chance. I am serious when I say this, Eric is THE catman's Catman. He will catch catfish when no one else can.

Jon, try using a poping bobber with a leader about 18 inches to 24 inches long. They are weighted and you will be able to cast out further. The poppers will get the skips' attention and they will hit your jig. When they get on, reel like crazy. Judy and I use a yellow tube jig with white tassels but there are several different ones that will work.

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Cuzzin Bubba, I just hope we can catch some of them cats or at least intimidate em.LOL

14. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've mostly fished the Chattanooga area from a boat, but one spot that's always looked inviting to me in down in the canyon where the water intake/exit is located for the powerhouse powered by the lake on top of the mountain. There's a nice concrete walkway going way out in the water, and you can fish off it. If you haven't been there, you can take the marked turn off hwy. 41 just north of Mullins Cove.

15. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks jerry i will give that a try.

16. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey thanks for the tip Fish.i will try that.shoot i'm always up for a fishin trip.....dont care if i catch anything or not.its the joy of being outdoors.