fishin from the bank the other day..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LadyValea1, Nov 6, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I was fishin on the bank the other day...and a group of people pulled up about 30 yards from me..and they were all dressed in nice black outfits!! I didn't understand why they all gather at the bank , until they pulled out a large urn! and before I knew it, they tossed ashes into the lake and air!
    um.....and the wind was blowin toward me!! well, I don't know? I didn't catch any fish that day!

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    haha that is nuts i would not want that happening to me i can tell ya that right now!

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    being of Norweign decent, burial at sea doesnt seem to bother me but... they could have mentioned something to you or atleast taken the wind into account before setting him free.

4. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    TOMCAT 85 / which part?
    the windy fishin trip?
    or the part of being in the Urn?:roll_eyes:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh man some folks just aint right thats jus plain RUDE

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If that is the deceased chosen way,their family at least I would have thought would have wanted to go somewhere even if it's the same lake but make sure it was done in a private and respectful manner.The ashes blowing in the wind and possibly getting on another person or in their hair is extremely disrespectful and very rude! I am sorry that you encountered that.No one should have to have that happen to them!:crazy:

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yuck!

I'm sure they all had a lot on their minds, but they could at least have checked the wind first.