Fishin for Eaters

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishing is fun, Aug 21, 2006.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    could anyone tell me some good bank spots for big eater fish in the springfield area, if you got a good spot and could give me directions please PM me the directions also include some bait ideas, and what rigs you have caught the most fish with, any help is appreciated

2. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    try stockton any of the ramps have good fishing close by. Livers,cut bait, or better yet cattalfa worms. My sister lives in springfield and fish there some times.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Marshall I can't help you much on a good location, but I can give You a copple of tips on bait choices for eater size catfish OK. Well the dip baits are a good choice like Danny kings, and the Hog wild Premo is an Excelant choice or also I have cought some good ones on Sonnys. Now fresh shrimp can be good at times just go down to your local grocery store wal-mart or something like that and pick up about 1/2 pound of 60/80 count shrimp from the fish counter it will only cost about $2.00 dollars or so. then I would get some fresh chicken livers they are always good for channel cats, and use a trebble hook for the chicken livers as they stay on the hook better them. I hope this helps. and good luck

4. Rogue

Rogue New Member

State:
    US Louisiana
    We used to have good luck with canadian night crawlers

5. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    thanks for the help guys