Fishin During the Day

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BigCatter54, Aug 4, 2009.

1. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have almost always been a night fisherman, but would like to get out and do some day fishing. THinking about heading out on the Missouri around Columbia bottoms. What areas should I concentrate on. I have always been told during the days you cant fish dep enough, so should I concentrate on the scour holes at the end of dikes, or are there other areas that I should be on the lookout for. THanks for your help.

Chad

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Get out in the holes 70' and deeper. Drift around it. Blues and flatties will surely grab that bait.:wink:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Structure, current breaks, brushpiles, log jams, drop offs, eddies behind dikes, rip rap, and trees in the water are all good places to start. Once you find a pattern just stick to it. Oh, don't forget feeder creeks and mouths. Stay safe and good fishing!!!:wink:

4. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Inside bends with riprap or a rock dike bank line with a good deep channel or off the tips of wing dikes right now. Dont overlook the ends of trail dikes to.

5. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    upper side of wing dykes, use a slip rig and a worm and let the current take your worm on around the dyke. Also mulberry trees are a good spot. Wont catch anything huge doin this but you'll be catchin fish. Don't get near hartsburg though its way over fished.