Fishin by moon and pressure?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Johnny B, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    :0a28:I've heard the lower the barometric pressure and and the fuller the moon is the best fishing times.....What do you guys think....Does it make that big of a difference or are cats just not pickey eaters??

2. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey, great ?. i just started studying that check out http://www.lake-link.com/info/barometric_pressure.cfm it does make a differance. http://ezinearticles.com on moon phases!! hope this helps, shane

3. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    low pressure: fish will tend to become less active the longer this period remains!! shane

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Thats a tricky question about the moon . I know a lake that if the moon is bright and full the fishing is great but the fishing at this lake is good any night just seems better when the moon is out . I also know a lake that if the moon is full and bright the fishing sucks . I also know of a lake that when the sun goes down the cats wont bite at all till morning .

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    All animals and fish are more active during different phases of the moon, even humans. Myself I believe fish bite better during low pressure, however I just read where a guy said just the opposite. If you ask ten different fishermen about moon and pressure your going to get twenty different answers of when they bite best. I believe it does make a small difference, however there are so many other factors to consider that matter more. Myself I find cloudy rainy conditions, river rising and bait selection to be much more condusive to the fish bite than the moon. The number one thing by far, is you have to fish where the fish are. Remember ninety percent of the fish will be in ten percent of the water

6. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Yeah! What he said.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i figure that it just has to do with the places they will go to feed in. i mean, just like me, they still have to eat no matter what the moon looks like.

8. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The best fishing for me has been under these conditions: 1. pressure,high,and river on the rise 2. river on the rise,and pressure falling ( storm front comming in) and the fish seem to go on a feeding frenzy. 3 After the front passes through the area,they sometimes go on a feed again,right after it passes. 4. I don't know nothing about the moon (never been there:smile2:) but a full moon helps me see better at night. Ron