Fishin below the Clarksville dam

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by treloarjeff, Jan 16, 2007.

1. treloarjeff

treloarjeff New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was just curious if any of you guys had any luck fishin for cats below the dam in clarksville. I Walleye fish up there in January and i have heard of people that catch cats up there and was just wondering if it was good fishin or not. my dad caught about a 3# chanel while fishing for walleye last december.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Looks like it would be some good fishin around there.If you got a boat to get over on the East side .Friend of mine runs tha dam and he says he's seen some big ones come out of there in warmer weather. I bank fish it about all I can do NO BOAT:sad_2a: :ah: :0a20:

3. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    How has the Walleye bite been so far this season?

MJO

4. treloarjeff

treloarjeff New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have only made it up there once in december and it was nt worth the trip. my dad went one other time with his brother and they did nt have any luck either.

5. old-rook

old-rook New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've heard the same lament about power plant lakes, so is it luck or spending more time on the water? seems to me that more fishing will translate into more bites. my new years resolution is to get out more often. Good fishing one and all.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My experience is that spending time on the water is the best investment you can make. This is especially true with the lakes I fish. It can be hard finding them, but when you do the action can be fast and furious. Good Luck!

7. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    my dad used to run the pump station on the il side. there really wasn't any perfect places, i haven't fished down there for years. buddy of mine caught some on some rip rap. just a lot of hit and miss.