Fishin, Beer, and Nascar!!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kycatter, Jul 15, 2009.

1. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Buddy and I are goin down to the Nascar race this saturday at Kentucky Speedway and we will probably end up fishin the Markland dam saturday night, because it's right up the road from the speedway. I was lookin at it on google maps and it doesnt look like the KY side of the dam is going to be any good because the locks are on that side (we are fishing from the bank). The Indiana side appears to be a big beach (kinda like Cannelton). Can anybody tell me if I'm right? If so, is camping aloud out there? Any info on markland would be great! Never been there before!

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck and be safe w/the beer ! Don't know anything about the fishing/camping there or the races anyhow have fun .

3. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    always am safe. I guess I'll let you guys know how it turns out. goin to the race saturday, staying at a hotel saturday night, and then fishing sunday. wish us luck! :big_smile:

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck be safe have fun . I wasn't impling you weren't safe just something I say . I like beer myself .

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    First off be safe an good luck. Enjoy the nascar while your there...

6. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well overall it was a pretty amazing weekend! went to the race saturday and had a few beers then found a little hole in the wall bar in Carrollton and had a few more beers. woke up the next mornin and headed out to markland! i enjoyed fishing there... its a pretty cool place.
    anyway, i caught my new PB there!!! I know this is sad, :smile2: but he was a 7.5 pound flathead, a little over 2ft long. My biggest yet. He really put up a fight! the guy I was fishing with had caught a bluegill so i just chopped him up and used a piece for bait and thats what i caught the cat on. I have attached a pic below.

Also caught 1 shad and a 2ft long gar in my cast net :smile2:. i thought i got hung up on a rock or something but it ended up being a gar. pretty big pain to get him untangled from the net too.

Attached Files:

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats ! Everyone has got to start somewhere !