Fishin' AIN'T luck!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I just found out that fishin' ain't luck. After all the psychoanalysis that has been going on recently, I decided to investigate further. HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!!!!!!!

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia

No...but catching is luck...:wink:

3. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I was hoping it wasn't luck. It's hard to fix bad luck. At least you can learn something new if you just SUCK:smile2:

4. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    I prefer to think of it as luck..otherwise I suck really bad!!

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Matt i can see now that if and when i get to make a Santee trip, you goin'a have to go out with me and Seth, or, if you want to make the trip, Wateree. We can sit around and shoot the breeze while Seth reels in the fish or you can help me and we can just throw him overboard when we get tired of him hogging the rods:smile2:

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    you may need seth to catch the bait a good cat boat cant loose its master baiter lol :smile2::smile2:

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If you are counting on luck, you are planning for failure. :wink:

Like I said, I don't believe in luck.

That patch sums it up well.

The only thing that controls whether I catch fish is my ability and the hunger of the fish!!

:smile2:

8. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    Jason, you ain't kidding. I guess thats why we catch so many fish together. you do throw that net well.lol

9. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Dean,
    I'd love to fish Santee with you or I would be more than happy to drive up there and fish a lake I've never fished. Only one thing though, if we are going to throw someone over we should do it before the end of Feb, much more fun that way!:smile2: By the way, how big of a boy is Seth!

10. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    The only people that say fishing is luck..Are the same people that never catch a fish!!!!

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    There's always luck involved...maybe in a twist of fate that patch on the vest will bring ya good luck:wink::smile2:

12. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'm sure all the people on here that says there is no such thing as luck,can put one of them gamakatsu hooks on everytime an catch a fish,that ain't even hungry,they're that good.:wink:

13. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Every bait fishing boat needs a true masterbaiter!

14. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Call it what you want..........but unless you can make that fish laying down there bite on command luck plays a major part in fishing. Dont matter how many patches you got sewn on your shirt or how many stickers you got plastered on your boat...........its the luck of the draw. If luck played no part in it at all then the same guy would win at your tournaments all the time. It certainly dont hurt to be well prepared, good electronics, fresh bait and the knowledge that comes from experience...but once that bait goes in the water, its anybodys game. That fish that wins the big fish pot cant be in but one spot when hes caught and if your lucky enough to be there and lucky enough for it to bite then I call that good luck. Luck can humble the best on any given day .

15. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too BILL. Thats FUNNY you made me break out my favorite "lucky" fishing pants that I've done wore holes in and had to find a nifty way to "fix'em" up, lol :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL, you da man, Brian!

BB in SC

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    When it comes to fishn the Catawba or Carolina Club tournaments, you better have skill and luck. Them boys can fish with the best.................Oh! They are the best:big_smile:

Matt, Seth ain't but 13 yrs old and done got pretty good at catching bait so if we do push him in we will have a rope around his leg so we can pull him back in. I really don't know if there is anything to this luck thang or not, but it seems that every single trip that he's in the boat we catch a big fish or 2. He's a big kid so it may take the both of us to push him in, but he is so well mannered he would probably say he was sorry he fell in and scared the fish off. He's good to have around and don't ever complain. Cold, Rain or both, you won't here him say lets go in. Great Kid. I like to joke with him about how he moves in on a rod. If he's sitting down and all of a sudden gets up and moves to the front of the boat, acting as if he is streaching, He done seen a rod get a bite. He seems to be postion in just the right place when the rod goes down:smile2::smile2: You will like him, everyone does. He loves to fish, until last yr he had never fished for catfish, and until last yr he had never even fished from a boat. He has boated 2 in the 50lb range, 2 in the 40's and several in the 30's. Now its my turn:big_smile:

18. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Thats the "good Stuff" Dean !!!:wink: Tight Lines !!!