*Fishfinder* Would trust your review...

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by unclebill85, Aug 15, 2007.

1. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    over that of some web review for a fishfinder...!

So I am shopping fishfinders for the first time and was hoping to get some advise from my fellow brothers & sisters. As I am certain black and white would be fine, those color screens sure are purdy!

Don't need a fish finder worth more than the boat that it will be attached to, but do want something decent. I will be fishing the mighty MO mostly so bottom contours would be a plus. Hoping to get a few ideas from you all to help narrow down my choices and get the best bang for the buck.

Also, has anyone purchased a finder on ebay and how was the experience?

Thank you ALL in advance!!

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    lowrance 135 for black and white or any of the mid range lowrance or eagle color units are decent also you can get a pretty decent finder for 400 0r under,check out boatworld for prices,

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    First of all, how much are you wanting to spend, and are you wanting a GPS unit?
    Personally, I would go with Lowrance, but if you go Humminbird, I would get one with Side imaging.:wink: If I knew what you were planning on spending, I could help you out a little better!:roll_eyes:

4. sbowes77

sbowes77 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i too fish the missouri and i have just installed a lowrance 125 and i am mainly a trot liner but i also rod and real and jug fish but they are fairly cheap and compared to my eagle it shows the bottom well but i have a hard time believing the fish finderpart of it untill about 25' or so any way hope this helps

5. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    I have a himminbird 565 . I bought it last summer . I used 7 days a week in the fall and winter and I loved it! BUT , BUT when crappie started to spawn in spring I went out and it didn't work! I swapped out for another bird I have and this one worked , so I know it isn't the wiring . I called the bird co. and because I didn't have a reciept from my mail order they can't warranty it!!!
    I have to pay shipping and 65.00 to get it fixed!! I am very disappointed with the service and the product!! Maybe it was just a bad one, no doubt!! but THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THIS 6 MONTH OLD FISHFINDER!!
    My next one will be a lorance or something along those lines. I have given away some that were 12 years old and never had a problem! GOOD LUCK
    pappy3

6. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    Thanks for the posts guys...

I would like to spend $400 or less though I have seen those new Hummingbird with the side views and the images are freaking great!! I would love to buy, but my wife might make me pitch a tent in the back yard:smile2:

You fish the MO, how crazy would it be to have that side imaging and see leg or an arm on the bottom with a 90# BLUE chewn' on it...That would freak me out a bit:wink:

7. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO

I think I'd be having to change what I was using for bait. :dribble: