FishFinder Suggestions for Poor Boy

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by brian88b, Dec 12, 2009.

1. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Was reading the reviews and post but just wondered what some of you all suggest for a good fishfinder for Ohio River. I was leaning towards Eagle Fishelite 480. I definatley want gps to mark waypoints. Something in around $400 range ???:eek:oooh:

Also does anyone know if you can mark drifting lines with the 480 ??? Thank You all ahead of time:wink::big_smile:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    If you're interested in a Humminbird, check out humminbird.outletstore.com. Also look on the Humminbird.com site and check out their closeout section. Amazon.com is another good source, I got a real good deal on my 788ci there.

Jayhawkokie
    Grand Lake, OK

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Definitely go with a color/gps unit. Price comes down on precious year models as new ones come out. Also make sure the unit you get is compatible with the Navionics or other topographical software chips. The Eagle is a fine unit. I run an Eagle 502c. I bought it from a fellow BOCer for $350

Bill in SC

4. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well I have a Eagle fishmark 320 on the way to me... Was in my "poor boy" price range and heard some good things about it.

Pat