Fishfinder or guts?!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by screamnclickersc, Aug 22, 2006.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    If you guys don't mark bait or fish on your fishfinders,do you fish the area anyway?:confused2:

2. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    if it looks like a good spot give it a try cant lose nothing:roll_eyes:

3. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    LMAO fishfinder, mine lies to me alot, i just look at the depth and look for spots that i think will have cats in them. Do i know the cats will be there NO. i just hope they are there if not i move on. as far as bait goes sometimes it's hard to find them shads. Did i mention i am no good at tossin it. LOL

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Some times I forget to rewind mine and I catch fish any way.:eek:oooh:

5. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I will put it this way, if I find bait fish on my fishfinder at the spot I want to fish, it sure makes me think my chances are better. But, just because the bait fish are not there at that moment doesn't mean they are not nearby and may move in soon. I fish structure that attract baitfish and the structure is more important than a school of baitfish being on it at that moment.

6. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Most of the time I only look at the depth on the fishfinder.

This is my 700 post.

:cat:

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    If the water is 20 foot or shallower I dont concentrate on the graph as much because the cone angle isnt gonna be very wide so its not gonna show alot of fish anyway.As the water gets deeper the cone gets wider and reads alot bigger area the deeper the water gets once the cone opens up real wide in 30 foot and deeper and it dont show many fish then then I want fish there.If the graphs not picking up many fish in 30 or more foot of water chances are theres not that many there.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I use electronics to primarily look at the depth,changes in depth,structure and the contour of the bottom. In my opinion you are getting a small view of what is underneath you and if the area is condusive to where they will hang out then I am fishin there.

Besides, on some fish finders all they do is swim in the same direction! LOL!

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I use mine to locate structure and contour changes, as well as baitfish. Lately, in particular, almost all of the decent size fish have been in areas where I've also marked schools of bait, with most of the bites coming near there or where a depth change takes place, such as the rise of a hump.

10. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton

Guts!!!!! Fish finders LIE!!! I watch the depths. And allways remember fish SWIM so they there going to come by sooner or later if you put youself in the right spot!!!!!!!!!!

11. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    It depends on what time of day,If i'm setin up for night time flathead ambushing I pick a spot that looks good and have that gut feeling that the flats will move in some time in the night.But after 10am when the bite slows down I like usein that finder to locate them fish.Some times will travel checkin spots 5 to 10 miles of river,But can find fish on that finder sooner or later.:cool2: Ur humble servants beartrap and buoy

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Mostly guts, I use finder for mainly depth and finding structure.