Fisherman's Park/ Miles Park

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Brando, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well, I spent three hours this afternoon at Fisherman's Park and got blanked. Only one bite in three hours.

Very frustrated, I decided to go to the 'ol standby... Miles Park across from Valhalla.

No channels :sad2:, but 4 good sized bullhead which were turning on just as I was packing up (I caught 3 within 10 minutes. You could just reel 'em in one after another, it was sick.) and 20 bream of various species, bluegill, and redear sunfish mostly.

The good news is that I solidly drilled the gills in my usual spot, so I now have access to a KILLER baitfish supply :cool2:. If there is anyone that would want me to catch a coolerfull and then head out to the Ohio for some big kitties, please let me know!

I know how to catch the bait (quite proficiently, I must say)... I haven't been out to the Ohio with them yet to go after the real deal. I'd love to go!

P.S. I also started a minnow tank last week with some that I scooped up from the bank, and they're all still alive. Hooray!! :smile2: It's not very many right now (about 30), but I've proven that I can maintain a viable living space for them. Now it's time to start my minnow monopoly!

**In a 1940's announcer's voice with chimes**
    Remember folks, the next time you're trollin' at the baitshop, ask for your minnows by name... ask for Brando's. **chimes sound**

**Play music**
    The next time you need a bunch of minnowwwwws,
    Make sure the bag says you bought Brando-oooooo's.
    **Music attenuates, but continues playing**

Brando's. The only minnow GUARANTEED to work sometimes. Brando's.

Can you see it? I can. And it is more beautiful than I have ever imagined.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I havent been to Fishermans Park in years, nice little park. What brand of minnows were those again?:big_smile:

3. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    In my opinion fishermans park is a waste of time. It is very over fished and often the loser fisherman leave much of there trash around. I cannot stand people that do not want to preserve the outdoors for our future generations. On the other hand I have had luck at miles..

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    P.S. Try the Salt River !!!!!

5. bigboy1352

bigboy1352 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    three hours is well spent at fishermans park but just gotta have a little luck on your side the last few days the weather has been just right but the breeze patterns have been off but i have a feeling that this is soon going to change for the better