Fisherman formerly known as Cuz?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stlcatman, Aug 2, 2009.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    So what is the verdict? Do we have enough here for a name change?

My vote is HE%^ YES! The man fell out of the boat on the river. Our fearless leader was caught red handed by another member of the club. There is no escaping this one Mr. President! So what should his new name be? Or do you think he deserves a change for his ever so graceful blunder?

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Im with you Ryan... He's a good guy...Will go outta his way to help ya out in a jam, but so would everyone else......hehehe

If it was me or you what would he do????????

3. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow! I think this event needs to have its story told before we can decide. Glad that no one was hurt though.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Cuz, your outside peeps will still call you Cuz, but this Posse along with the outlaw poopy wells will have that name of yours edited bit

5. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I was thinking same think, sure glad it didn't happen in swift water or
    worst conditions

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Posted by Grump "the wittness to the incident" Quote"Well, Yesterday, John wanted to go check out some water behind some moored barges. So we go back there, and there is probably about 35 feet between the bank and the barges, and the barges are moored off by cables, attached to big white steel floats, which are attached to the bank by very large chains. Well, the wind was blowing against us, and we couldn't get the boat under the cables. The boat ended up against the steel float, with the motor going into the rocks and the chain. John pushed his foot against the float to keep the boat off of it, and when he did, the float moved, he lost his balance, and fell in.:smile2: It was very graceful, as I didn't even ask if he was OK, I just asked, "where's your phone at" as he said in my upper pocket, and it was OK. He only went in up to his belly, he was dang near treading water to stay in the boat as he grabbed on the the rail as he went over. I grabbed him, pulled him back in the boat, and we both laughed. I for one, think he's due for a name change, and here's why...

1. The night I caught my 65, his bilge had so much water in it, the boat wouldn't even plane off. He said. "Dang, I knew something wasn't right, my truck was struggling to pull it up the hill"

2. Auto Inflato. He autoinflated his life vest while throwing the bait net at Alton. He was trying to ditch the inflated vest as fast as I was looking for a camera.

3. Drag Chute Incident. While returning home from the Shootout last October, our drift sock flew out of the back of the boat running 70mph down I-70. It looked like the parachute out of the back of John Force's funny car. Then again, he escaped a name change.

Now we have this incident, and I believe it's due.:smile2::smile2: Yesterday, he was the "fisherman formally know as Cuz" Now, I think since he was in a "TIGHT SPOT", the name fits! LMAO:big_smile::crazy::wink: "

And yes Willie if it were any of us with Cuz in the boat it would be a name change with pictures for sure":smile2:

7. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    How bout "Cuz the water walker"

8. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    You know, after reading that last post I feel better about all our blunders and fishing bloopers! If it can happen to someone as seasoned as Cuz and the President and founder of our club it can happen to us all! Dead batteries, big fish pulling you up river backwards and you not noticing :embarassed:.... I feel much better. Far as name changing.... Im gonna sit back and just watch what happens. :wink:

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Poor Cuz!:smile2:

(I've never accidentally stepped out of a boat before:eek:oooh:, well...at least there's nobody here that knows any different!)

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yes Deb, there are several members here whom I am eternally grateful to have around. That's because they keep my screw ups off the radar.:wink:

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have you ever noticed that when you land that 50-60 lb'er there's never anyone around, but one little slip and the whole world knows:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stay in the boat!!!:wink:

12. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Willie I am with you on this one. We need to come up with some kinda of knew name for him. Maybe like "John the babtist" but I am sure others have names for him.

13. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Butterfoot?

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    You know, Lisa may have an idea or two. :wink::smile2::smile2:

15. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I bet she does:wink:

Butterfoot does sound good:smile2:

16. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is the best idea I have heard all day!

17. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Dan you need to make a poll, like you did for me. I will go with "john the babtist. After all his name is john and he did get babtized.

18. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

Super Pooper, I made a poll for you because I was close to the situation--that is to say I thought you were gonna take a chit on my new boat! :smile2:

I think someone a little closer to Cuz's blunders ought to be the one to nominate the man...although I'm happy to chuck out an option or two for consideration when the time comes. The best route I have heard thus far has been to get in touch with Lisa. Spouses really have a way at sticking it to the man!:wink:

19. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Super pooper? like that:smile2:

20. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    cuz fallin in thats some funny sheet:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: glad ur ok cuz