Fished Thomas Hill 1/16

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MoHunt, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    Seems like I wasn't the only one with a case of cabin fever with 12 to 15 trailers on the lot. Temps were 28 when we got there; 31 when we left...lotsa fog. On the lake, thick on the drive home, everywhere. Bud's outboard wouldn't start, fished all day wif trolling motor.

The fun part: caught 5 fish, 4 whites and one big gar.

Sad part: We outfished everybody I talked to!

Was gonna fish Illinois power lake, but their license for 2010 goes on sale 1/18, and buying one 1/16 woulda had an expiration date of 3/31/10.

Still better than watching the Arizona Cardinals get whooped by Nawlins!

2. mocatman

mocatman Guest

thanks for the report! I was going to hit it today but the boat batteries were dead! Rookie move i guess you could say. i figured there might be some good fishing in the warm water arm for hybrids.

3. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wayne, with the gas motor not starting & only the troller, that's where we fished. Fished for bass, crappie, white, stripers, hybrids...basically anything that'd hit a lure. Three of the 4 whites were where the warm water discharge merges with the lake, right by the boat ramp. S - L - O - W day.

Water temps were 58 - 59 degrees.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    I fished THL today. Tried throwing crankbaits, rattle traps, spinners, and jigs. Caught a 2 1/2 lb. and 5 1/2 lb. bass. Both were caught on brown colored jigs tipped with craw trailers. Those were the only two hits we had all day of fishing (4 hours). The biggest was caught around the confluence of the discharge channel and the main lake. The other was caught about 300 yds. into the discharge channel.

5. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Was the water deep enough at the mouth of the discharge canal to get up in there with a boat?

6. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris, yes ya could get up the canal on Saturday. There were 8 - 10 boats there.

7. mocatman

mocatman Guest

Well i am going to grab a bag of shrimp, chicken liver and rattletraps and head over to the warm water arm this friday. Weather looks like it could get into the 50's! and the sun is actually supposed to shine! See if we cant get after them!

8. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Larry!