Fished the Salamonie res 7-02-09 lots of hits!

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, Jul 3, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey brothers! last night catfishcatcher, evilfud, and I fished the Salamonie res. alltogether we only got 4 fish but lots of bites we were using chubs (cut) and evilfud used a few softcraws all in all it was a pretty fun trip. Evilfud got broke off using braid of all things, and it looked to be a pretty good fish we did'nt see any color but we heard a heck of alot of splashing

2. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Ya it was a good time and them guys are pretty ok too! With my recent luck it was a raccoon that broke my line lol. Thanks again for having me along hopefully we do it again soon.

Chris

3. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah, it was a fun night for sure. We will go again sometime, we will let you know. Next time will try to keep the boat of of those darn stupms.:smile2:

4. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Next time you guys head up here let me know. I just got in from the lake myself.

5. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Do you have your own boat shortbus? If so we might try 2 go again in a week or two. Do you have room in your boat for another guy if we go. My boat handles up to 3 but might have a fourth going. One of the guys could fish with you if it is ok.

6. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah I have a 16ft jon with a go-devil motor. Yeah just let me know if you go again.

7. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    We might go next Saturday night. Im not sure if it will be Salamonie or Huntington. More then likely Salamonie since it is a much deeper body of water. I will let you know.

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    What time will you all be fishing? I might be interested in meeting up with you guys. Although, I'm leaving for Wisconsin very early the next morning so being out real late is not an option! I could bring my boat too.

9. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Just depends on the weather. If it is not real hot then maybe around 3 to 4. More then likely around 6:00. I will let you know for sure on Friday evening after I get home from work. Will you be bringing anyone with you?
    There is a good chance that we will fish late into the next morning.

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Then I probably won't make it this time, Allen. Like I said, we would probably be loading up the car & heading to WI about the time I got home from the reservoir! I'll try to get with you guys another time!

11. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Fished salamonie last friday night for a few hours. Caught 3 nice channels in the 9lb range all on cut bluegill. They was slammin the bait and not letting go. All three came from a creek channel about 12 ft deep. I let my nephew catch all the fish, he had a blast.

12. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Fished salimonie again this weekend. Landed 26 channels friday night and durring the day saturday!!! Couldn't buy a bite saturday night after the front went through. Biggest cat was 13lbs, got him on my light action crappie rod!!:crazy: Sorry no pics, all were CPR'ed

13. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice job Josh! Thanks for the report! Drifting?

14. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Drifting and still fishin.

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks for the report bro. i bet that was a few min. battles. lol

16. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah, I fought that fish for maybe 25 min. My arm was worn out after bout 10 ,lol.

17. Gartoon

Gartoon New Member

State:
    IN
    any body fish salamonie anymore?

18. kenn_rosie

kenn_rosie New Member

State:
    in
    Just wondering if any of you guys still fishing Salamonie for cats?
    Moved here from South Dakota and trying to find a few good holes on Salamonie to fish

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes people still fish its cats. hook up with the guys in this thread. im sure they will help you.