Fished the Mississippi River today

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Grumper, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I just got off of the Mississippi south of Festus Mo, Went to one of my best holes. Fished 8 hours with fresh shad. Not a single bite? Oh well, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You got that right.Better luck next time!

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thats part of the sport I have to many days like yours Maybe next time

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I just talked to a friend who went out today here in Keokuk,Ia, He went up by the dam and tried for a while, and didn't get a bite, he also talked to a couple of different people up there, and they had the same luck. Later Andy

5. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well that's sure discouraging. Was hoping to get out next week here about 40 miles or so north of Keokuk by lock 18

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Maybe u catch them next time.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I went fishing most of the afternoon here in NC, tons of fish splashing with not ONE bite as well...oh well, it was nice getting out there!

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    At least you got to go out.Thats more than I've got to do lately. Maybe the next time you'll catch a bunch.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It's always tuff to catch fish this time of year but my hats off to you for getting out there and trying. I've been doing some ice fishing to ward off cabin fever!:cool2:

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    The water has come Waaaaaaay up, so The temps are supposed to come Waaaaaaaaaay up, so I'm gonna try it again. I'll let everybody know how i do.

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Is it safe to navigate? I plan to be in St. Louis this coming Thursday and would like to break in my new SeaArk on the Mighty Miss. for a day.

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I've been checking it out, and I'm in Festus, about 45 miles south of St. Louis, and the water is definetley up, but there wasn't a whole lot of debris where I'm at. I've run it alot like this, just have to be super cautious. I'm pretty familiar with the river in my area, so it helps to know where all the wing dykes are. plus, you can still see the buyos good, so I'll run in the main channel. I don't know when it will go back down, so I've just got to try it. I got a new boat too, and I'm dying to get some catfish slime in it. No luck yet. I don't know where you plan on putting in at, but there is a lot of commercial traffic in St.Louis, Now, I don't know what's going on with that because of the high water also. If you make it South of St. Louis at all, I'm about 40min south. give me a holler. I will be out there Thursday. Congrats on the new:cool2: SeaArk:cool2: , which one did you get?

13. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,

That's the best offer I've had all week. We may take you up on it. I have an affinity for Festus (Father in laws middle name) We are heading from St. Louis to Kentucky Possibly although if the river is too far up we may be stuck doing lakes which still beats "In Fisherman" Re Runs. So Festus is right on the way. Boat is a 2072 SeaArk Cooks Edition from Troy MO. Boat... agood bit of money... Jet quite a bit more... Fishin on the Mighty Mississippi with new friends that know the area... Priceless.

14. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    I was on the mississippi today and it was very low. hooked onto somethin that threw my hook and weights right back at me as soon as I got it close. It was the biggest fish Iv ever had on before. Im pretty sure it was an asian carp but it was still fun. I was by the new alton bridge. and cant figure out why it was so low

15. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    what Gary forgot to tell you is he was fishing with HOTDOGS and a bobber about a foot deep haha:lol:

16. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    ROTFLMAO! I see you Missourians aren't much different from us Ohio Boys. See, I don't allow Jack to bring bait. Lunch, yessiree, but bait.... uh uh!

17. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    They use the dams upstream of Alton to try to maintain as stable a pool 26 as they can.

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I just got back from the boat ramp at Rush Island to check the water level. It hasn't changed much, still way up. I couldn't check the temp, but the water is extremely muddy!

19. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Sometimes it just works that way...better luck next time...at least you got out, we are still frozen in Ohio.