Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 1st time in my life I fished the KAW.And its only 10min from my house.Nope I didn't catch anything
but I did have one hard bite not 15 min after I set up.I was using the head of a 10" shad.He slammed the
rod twice then nothing.

But it was a great time.I will be back.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Tom that's a sand Sturgeon the boy is holding.Them suckers are good smoked.You mostly catch them in the spring on ninhtcrawles.Thems some ugly rascals for sure,looks alot like my first Exwife,LOL The years haven't been to good to her but then again ifin I'd been polked and road hard as many times as her I wouldn't as good lookin as I am today.Yup that's my story and I'm sticking to it,J.D.

· Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats funny right there......

I thought that's what he was..after I had to roll him on his back to find his mouth..he!he!

But I sure didn't know they were any good to eat..

· Registered
2,137 Posts
Nice to see you wetting a line on the River Tom. It is nice being so close to the house, that is been a plus for me all my life. Same with Lake Shawnee these last few years. I was surprised to see all the ducks and geese out on the river the other night. I had a bunch abot take off my hat when they came in to the sandbar.

· Registered
29 Posts
What size of weights do you guys use on the river?? I havent actually thrown a line in the Kaw yet, mainly just Mill and Cedar Creek but last week I fished Cedar and the current was moving pretty quick and I couldnt keep my cast in spot to save my life.

· Registered
372 Posts
Tom, I can't believe you've NEVER fished there, being only 10 min from your house! That's just CRAZY:time-out: :Shocked::wink: Glad to hear ya made to the river. Good luck to you there in the future! Judging by the pics, I'd be going back as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.