Fished the Embarrass River last night

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by bankpoleken, Jul 6, 2006.

1. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois
    We could only catch 4 bluegill for bait, so ended up using shrimp most of the night. I think everything that swims in the river eats shrimp. We caught a drum, a 2.5 lb. flathead, and a 2 lb. channel cat. Slow night to say the least.

2. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I have had some fun nights on the Embarrass catfishing. We used to set up a bunch of bank poles and then rod and reel fish until daylight, then, run the bankpoles. The Ambraw would be fairly shallow this time of the year.
    A cold front has moved through and the air pressure is high, I would imagine fishing would be slow everywhere.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

your trip was better than a skunk. Any caught fish is worth the trip.

4. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    we fished off the canoe lanch where it comes out of lake charelston last saturday. got a few bites but didnt catch any. been looking for a good bankfishing spot but havent found one yet and theres too many weird people hanging around the lake.

5. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    There is a public boat launching place at the Ryan Hill bridge. It looks like there may be some good bank fishing in that area. I know in the Spring, you can float from Fox Ridge to the ramp on that bridge, it is 15 miles or so. I would imagion the water may be too low to to do it now. I haven't fished the Ambraw in several years but I used to haul in some big cats when I did. There is a place called Walker's Ford we used to fish at. It has been a while ago and I couldn't give you directions now.