Fished the Arkansas river Saturday

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by CharlieD, Sep 22, 2007.

1. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    L&D 12-Ozark....Below the dam--Me,My wife slash best fishing partner & one of our 5 year old grandsons. Netted 4 inch shad & small gills 3-4 inch- in the landing area. Used the RC bait boat. fished tight into the gates. Caught quite a few small ones. Did bring home 7 fish from 4 Lb to biggest at 9 Lbs. The gills outfished the shad conciderable..Not a bad day. It was great just be out there..

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Sounds like a good trip. hope to go there next week.

3. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    Congradulations, on a good day I went today with my brother, we didn"t have much luck. We wound up keeping 2 about 2 and 3 lbs did hang a pretty good on but he came of just as we got him to the boat.we fished about 5 hrs and it was very slow.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Charlie, thanks for the report. I need to get out myself.:angry:

5. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the report. I went midday on Friday below Dardanelle on the river. I caught 5 Blues and a Channel, nothing over 5 lbs. The best ones were at the generators using shad. Everyone I saw said it has been slow. May have to try again soon.

6. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    Ya'll think we may need a weather change. The wind is suppose to shift to the south in the next couple of days. Has anyone ever heard the expression, "The fish bite the least when the wind blows from the east"?

Grits

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Heard it, believe it, graved it in stone!