Fished Sunday, NOT!!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    When I watched the Saturday evening news and saw that the winds on Sunday were going to be North 10-20 MPH, I decided to let the big boats rule the James River that day. My little 16 Lowe would have been wet above Presquille and Sunk if ventured below:embarassed:. I will try again one day this week.:big_smile:

Instead I spent the day working on my four permanent tree stands at a friends farm. Jumped a mess of deer yesterday. Muzzle loader starts Saturday. Yipee!!!

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Exactly why I stayed home. Also heard the debris was getting worse through Sat night into Sun morning.

3. HookLineSinker

HookLineSinker New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I put in a little before day break at Jordan Point. About 10:00am, the wind started picking up so I cut it early.

I left a little frustrated and asking the same question I've asked so many times before...... If the river is 1/4 mile wide, why does that rec. craft feel the need to come so close. Is it so I can get a better look at his new boat? Nice boat, thanks a lot. Pay no attention to me rocking around while clearing your wake. Oh by the way, get her on plane and I'll get to see the back half.

Just had to vent. No fish, but that's why it's so much fun on the really good days.
    :big_smile:

4. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I know how you feel ,real hard to hold ankor when someone is raceing by 20 yards from your boat and the wind kicking up to.

5. kampfire

kampfire New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Put in at City Point, went up the Appomattox because of the wiind. Caught about 10 small ones up to 4 pounds, plus the first Striper of the year. Also 4 pounds.

Mitchell in VA

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the reminder. The appomatox is always an option on a windy day. I had forgotten that. I haven't fished the appomatox in a while but have caught a few pigs out of there.

7. jcgotfish

jcgotfish New Member

State:
    virginia
    well i went sunday on the rappahonock river and i tore them up. stayed all night. caught a 50 two 40's and some 30's 25 fish in all. it was a blast. first time i had my new boat out. havent been in two yrs. tore my transom out last time in a tourny. guess the wind was'nt that bad up here. well gl on the water.

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey man good to see ya signed up welcome to your new addiction LOL I like that blue in the avatar too very nice :big_smile:

9. jcgotfish

jcgotfish New Member

State:
    virginia
    thanks for turning me on to this site man. appriciate it. take care:big_smile:

10. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great report. And I thought I was the only guy fishing the Rapp. this time of year. The fishing on the Rapp. Is always on fire this time of year. Heading out there tomorrow. A few 40's and 30's a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I can do half as well as you did last weekend.

11. jcgotfish

jcgotfish New Member

State:
    virginia
    hey g'luck man hope you do well. mabey we can get together. email me jcgotfish@yahoo.com. :big_smile:

12. jcgotfish

jcgotfish New Member

State:
    virginia
    hey man hope you have some luck. we are going to have to get together and go. my fishing buddy moved to the outer banks. so i mostly go by myself now. take care.

13. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    I made the mistake of ignoring the weather forcast once. I went out in my float tube on Clear Lake (CA) and the wind picked up to about 20+ MPH. I didn't realize how big the swells could get on that lake! I must have looked like a freaking bobber!!!:tounge_out: I almost couldn't get back to shore. I won't make that mistake again.
    Linz