Fished Sunday 1/27 - New PB!!!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by JPritch, Jan 28, 2008.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Came down for a little fishing action Sunday. Got to the river late again, around 10:30am, and didn't drop my first line until nearly noon. I had trouble marking any fish, but found 'em again in the same 100 yard stretch of river I found them last week and pulled my 32lber from.

The action started off pretty quick, I think I got 6 fish in the first 30 minutes, but they were all under 10lbs. Then the bite shut down. I sat there for a while and told myself 5 more minutes until I take the rods up and move to another spot. Well good thing I gave myself 5 more minutes, because after about 4 minutes, one of my rods goes down. I could tell right away it was a solid fish, definitely 30 or above. He gave some nice tugs, then made it easy for me by swimming straight to my boat, I just had to keep up. Then that's where the fun began! When he got under the boat, he pulled my Tiger rod tip into the water twice! Never had that happen to me before. I knew this was going to be a special fish for me. I got him netted and into the boat. He came in at 45.8 lbs and was 44" long. That's a new PB for me! Two trips in '08 have yielded me two citations. Let's just say that 2007 wasn't even close. I'd like to think I'm finally getting the hang of this catfishing thing, but it could just as well be dumb luck.:smile2:

I had taken today off from work and was gonna do a two day trip, but I got my fix with this fish and was content enough to come home same day and save $100 on a hotel room.

Looking forward to my next trip in a few weeks. Hope you all enjoy the pics!

Attached Files:

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice fish man, congrats on the new PB

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the new PB Blue!! Thats a HAWG!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Joshua on the new PB Blue Cat! :cool2: Great report and pics! Your off to a great start in 2008! :big_smile:

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Congratulations...reps to you! :0a23:

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad you got on em. I noticed it was kind of windy yesterday afternoon while outside. Was it bad on the river yesterday?

7. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice fish...wish I was there. Congrats!

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I was protected from the wind where I was fishing. On my way back to the ramp in the DB loop, it was really wavy as the wind and tide were going in opposite directions.

9. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    way to go on the nice fish. thanks for sharing.

10. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Way to go with the new PB.

11. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Congrats on your PB.

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks like 08 is off to a good start.

13. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats on your new pb blue josh. Glad to see you were able to make a trip down this w/e.Did you have any trouble catching bait at db?

14. VaFisherMan

VaFisherMan New Member

State:
    virginia
    Sounds like you had a great day and congrats on your new pb.

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats whith the PB we need more info what kind of bait,how deep,and whats the water temp? lol:smile2:

16. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Bait was a little tougher than usual. Last weekend was a breeze, but it took a while on Sunday. I would have had enough on my first set but two got out as I was getting shad out, so I had to set it another two times just to make up for it. I'm glad I went ahead and got those extra b/c I used every last one.

17. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Josh...congratulations on your new personal best......nice fish.....can't wait to get back myself.....WTG....

Jerry

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the fish! hope to catch my first blue on the james here in march!! im getting pretty excited!!! rollo

19. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Nice catch!!!!!!!!!

20. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    biggin yea nice fish