Fished some marsh this afternoon

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by StuBone278, May 3, 2008.

1. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I went out to the marsh near Vermilion Bay today with my cousin, we caught 5 catfish. We didn't keep any, though, as they were either too small or gafftops. The tides were pushin hard! We caught 3 gafftops at the same time, all from 6-7 pounds, but we were trying for drum. It was really fun anyways, having to hand over a pole that's screaming drag so we could take turns reeling in our own fish! :big_smile: My cousin caught the only blue, a little one about 10." I also caught a catfish that look very weird. I've caught hardheads before, but nothing like this! What is it??

Attached Files:

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    DO YOU HAVE FLATHEAD IN YOUR AREA BECAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE A HYBRID
    LAST YEAR WE CAUGHT A FISH SIMALAR TO THAT ONE IN YOUR PICTURE AND THE GAME WARDEN TOLD US HE WAS HALF FLATIE AND HALF CHANNEL

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I first said that when I caught it, half flattie half blue. There are no channels, it was in semi-saltwater, but I've heard of flats being caught around there.

4. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Alright, I'm sold on marsh fishing. Only place where you can catch freshwater cats, redfish, and crabs. Have been doing decent on the redfish, we caught 3 Saturday and 2 more today with a dozen or so crabs to back it up.

5. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I was fishing in South Louisiana a couple of months ago. We would catch crabs, the step on them and break them in half and use a half a crab as bait. It worked great on reds and drums. One day, in about an hour and a half, we caught 5 drums all over 30 pounds each. It was a blast!