fished Rison Star today

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Dec 12, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well mike (aka- Sound ) and i met up today to see if we could catch anything today at rison star , the current was running 20,000 and the wind and rain was pretty ruff. not counting it was 42. But we managed to end up with 3 -1.5-2 lbs and mike got a 5 lbr. so all was not lossed , allways a pleasure fishing with a friend from the boc.

Attached Files:

2. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Glad to see your gettin around and fishin. Pretty miserable day to be fishin for sure. better weather next week at least for now.

3. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    As long as ya have a fishing pole in your hand all is good. Glad ya all got to get out and about and fished with friendship

4. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    when it worms up we gotta go get sum blues!!!!!!!!! gotta have it above 45!!! my buds say i'm a wuss!! congrats

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Went out yesterday on local lake, Nadda. Went to the ark river today, nadda. I hardly marked a fish anywhere, when i did they were in the deepest part of the river, water was 37 deg. I thought for sure I would catch a couple small blues.

6. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Jim,
    I was around Spadra this past weekend and will be back down this Saturday as well. The water was 40. How far down were you that it was 37? We caught a lot of fish, but had to work for them. 37 might have them really finicky.:confused2:

7. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    Thanks to tall I finally got my first fishing trip on the Arkansas River. It was a good first trip. Thanks for the invite tall.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    mac you gotta get off the river and hit the discharge they ought to be in the warmer water chasing shad by now.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I have 2 finders on my boat, one said 37, one said 40 so who knows . i was out of clearcreek few miles by water below 13. Johnny, I thought about going there but was waiting for you to get well. :wink:probably done fishin for awhile with holidays comin up.

10. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Jim,
    did you have any trouble finding shad out there below 13?

11. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    chris i guess you were right, when mike and i were out last week we talk with a com . fisherman and he was telling us his fish have all been caught in shallower water. might need to go back and see. Mike you are allways welcome in my boat.

12. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Tall... Glad you two had the time to get out and enjoy the day fishing :cool2: did you have time to show Mike the dam area so he would understand why we love the current at millwood at 23,000, Thats just about what there running on the river now, but at on point it was 190,000:crazy:
    CONGRATS Mike on the 5lber.
    When I get a little time off work we will all have to hook up and go fishing again:wink:

13. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    I am ready to go when ya'll are. Weather well apparently thats not a problem. Just thankful tall don't have a big motor on his boat. Eating sleet was bad enuff going slow lol.:smile2:

14. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    went down yesterday morning to look around and try to get some shad , and i got some decent ones - about 35 all around 8-12 " long. the river was calm as glass at lock and dam # 4 (shephard island) They were running 16,000 cfs. I did watch two men at the gates pull in a few cats , look like around 5lbs but not sure . When the water is calm like that do the blues move out away from the gates to deeper water or do they stick around . Got some good rain comeing tonight so time will tell what the river will do. No we never got a chance to go to the dam ray but we will next trip , and no we didnt fish your tree :smile2:

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Tall- you fished anymore where Plum creek runs into the River? Seemed like a good spot when we fished it back earlier in the year.

16. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    You two going to get out over the holiday let me know.:wink:
    I went to murry L.D. 7 last sunday and they had all current shut off:angry: so rerouted to L.D. 5 shut off also:angry:, i fish up in the locks and no bites ,a boat was in the center of river at 100 marker and cought a few 5 to 8lbers.:sad2:
    next time Tall.. you and Sound go ahead and fish that tree and I will collect rent at a latter date, Dont try to sneak by with out pay i have a camera on that poll.:crazy:

17. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    man, i got to fish red river last sunday and it liked about 1 ft being down where the fishing would be really good. we got 7 1/2 inches of rain wednesday and the river came up 10 ft overnight. i figure you'll have some current in the arkansas now ray.

18. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Fishstick - your ever so right we got about 8" to 10" of rain over the past few days and the family went out to eat for x-mas dinner and driving by the river its up and rolling,to much current now:crazy:

19. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    now i am trying hard to remember where i have heard "way too much current for me".................................... i can't quite remember who that sounds like!!!!:roll_eyes:

20. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    call me what you want but at 133,000 is to much for me