Fished on Truman - Channel Catfish and Blue Catfish up to 12 pounds.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Wanda BARNER, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Wow! Yesterday was great fishing.

We put in at Fairfield Access and fished the Pomme Arm.

Shad was easy to catch yesterday, not quite so easy today. Tie on a rope they are about 30 feet deep.

Yesterday we caught 15 blues and 1 channel in about 2 hours ranging from 12 to 5 pounds. They were hitting pretty hard. It was really fun. I even got Ron to clean a couple and boy was it good to eat.

Today it was quite a bit slower. We caught 10 blues and 1 channel in about 4 hours and they were small, all about 3 pounds. It was a beautiful day and just good to be on the water. What a blessing.
    Wanda Barner:big_smile:

2. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Thanks for the report Wanda. Glad to see you got out there before the cold comes in next week. We better get ready to do some slipping and some sliding.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wanda Welcome to the BOC/SOC, from So. Illinois. Thanks for sharing your fishing report.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

4. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Wanda,I am glad you and Ron had some great fishing.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Glad to see ron and you had a couple of good days on the water.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First WELCOME to the BOC .Good to hear you had a lot of fun out on the water. Catching is fun no matter how big or small they are.Again :0a25:

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Sounds like fun, Wanda - but you're not supposed to admit to catching those nasty old channel cats...

I was going to come down this weekend but there's something about 40mph winds that makes me want to stay home instead... Next chance for me won't be until right after Christmas, but I'm hoping to hit it hard quite a bit then.

8. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    I know I am not suppose to admit to catching channels. Ron said the same thing, you know, they don't count. But it is, what it is.

Thursday and Friday were great days. Yesterday the lake looked like the ocean. Whitecaps everywhere and waves just rolling.

We hope to get to go fishing next week, but we don't know because of the weather they are predicting.

We hope to see you on the lake or river this winter. We are really looking forward to doing quite a bit of fishing.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the report Wanda. Wondered what you been up to. Sounds like your still keeping an eye on Ron. Tell him I said hello.

10. boost3782

boost3782 New Member

State:
    USA
    Bet it was a great time. Thanks for stopping in to report.

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sounds like a great trip, minus the waves:crazy::eek:oooh: