Fished for 2 1/2 Hours tonight

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by jdstraka, Aug 31, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Drove to Green Valley State Park tonight to fish for a couple of hours to try and catch a channel catfish, I was useing cut gold eye that I cought in the Missouri River sunday and froze. it looks alot like Skip jack and I have had some success in the river with it and I diden't have time to catch bluegill as Green Valley is 104 miles from home. If I could throw my cast net then I would of got some shad.LOL Anyway had two runs on the rods but missed them both, Darn Darn Darn. Oh well it was seven PM time to pack up and head home so I carried all the gear up to the truck and just left the rods in the water with the spools desingaged and the bait clickers on. The truck was only 100 yards away. When I got back to the rods one rod was bouncing and taking line. isen't it Funnyhow it always goes that way! So I grab it up and set the hook, Got YA but it dosent feel real big so when get the fish in. That ain't no catfish Its a #3 pound bass, on cut gold eye thats a First. So I take it off the hook and throw him back, grab the rods and head for home. had a Good time and I diden't get Skunked. Even if it was just one of them Bass Fish. Good thing no body was around cause they might of thought I was one of them Bass Dudes in Bib Overalls LOL.Isen't it funny how a copple hours Fishing Makes every thing seem alright.Your Frind J.D. :big_smile:

2. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    John,

Well, glad u at least got a little action on the poles. Wish you had had a camera with you (but maybe u did) to take a pic of the bass. It would have been nice to see.

Better luck/success on a big ole cat the next time.

3. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Way to go JD. A 3 pound bass is nothing to scoff at. I see these bass experts with their fancy boats fish longer than that and not get one that big. It made the trip more enjoyable I'm sure. Next time, LOOK OUT CATFISH! :cross: primitive

4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Having fun is why we all fish,it's the relaxation that drives me to go and go and go.........

5. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    sounds like a good time to me. You'll get them cats next time.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    You caught bait, congrats brother.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad to see you got to get out. Thanks for sharing!!

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    John,sounds like you had a peaceful night out on the water.That's what it's all about... :big_smile:

9. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    It nice to catch somthing and not get skunk

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes it sounds like you had a wonderful time,and so relaxing.You can just feel the cares of the world slip away!-------------pk powell:big_smile:

11. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    My cousin's hubby (Bob) does the bass thing (we have tried to convert him, but so far no luck) He would have been thrilled with that 3# bass off a bank! I'm gald you had a day to relax!
    Lisa (still trying to make a convert out of Bob)

12. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    you had fun and enjoyed another day in the out doors.

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I would'a ate the bass. Aint as good as cat, but will do. :wink:

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks.I enjoyed the trip.Thanks for taking me fishing.You threw away 3 pounds of fair to middling Cat bait when you chunked the bass.peewee-williams

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    good one John. I really enjoy your stories.

16. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sometimes it's nice when the cats don't bother ya.

17. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Well, JD, ain't nothin' wrong with spending a couple hours communing with nature :big_smile: :lol: