Fished Dillon 7/10 .........

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RetiredToFish, Jul 11, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    On Thursday TomH and I fished Dillon ... pretty much of the whole day ... Was a beautiful day but the breeze wasn't high enough most of the day to drift ... the water temp at the surface when we started was 76 and by the middle of the after was hitting 82 .... We caught a total of 24 channel cats with a combined weight of 87 pounds ... We lost 2 fish at the boat and had many runs that didn't result in catches. The fish in the most part we not hitting very aggressively and were poorly hooked. We were using cut shad for bait. We had one quilback sucker that a piece of, produced one fish and I tried crawlers which didn't produce anything but little nibbles. We fished a good part of the western end of the lake from the marina west and the results were pretty evenly spread. The largest fish was a 9 pounder with several at 6 plus pounds .... average weight was about 3.5 pounds ....... Garry-

Attached Files:

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Sounds like a nice day at the lake. Was the water cleared from all the rain and all the debris gone?

I miss my partner.

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Yep ... I miss him too Shawn ........

The water was still very muddy ... there was a lot of debri washing downstream all day long .. including a couple very large trees ... the other thing, which is not encouraging was ... there is the beginning of an algea bloom along the north shore between the beach and the marina ... :eek:oooh: Garry-

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice day,good job on the fishies

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Nice job you two, he would've been proud of ya.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like a real nice day on the water. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the fish are getting active

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    glad you guys had a productive trip, sounds like you did alot better with tom than, the trip to the river with me:smile2::wink: rollo

8. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    We may have caught more fish, but then again we were out there a lot longer ... and it was daylight out ... the fish could see the bait better ...:wink: .... I think we had a guide with us too ... for some reason I kept calling Tom ... Tony ... I think he was looking riding along with us ... Garry-:big_smile:

9. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    congrats on your trip. i was channel catting thursday night with fresh cutbait and chicken livers they hit really hard for about 2 hours then it died off,all on livers. i did catch a walleye on a goldfish.

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Congrats on the fine day trip. 84lbs of catfish is a good day in my book.