Fished at St. Charles yesterday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by theonecatfishbob, Jan 20, 2007.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Got a late start. I wasnt in the water till after 9. Got bait in a dead water spot about 17 foot deep. Skipjack and shad. Not a lot but enough to get started. River is up quite a bit from last week. Not high by any means. Water temp was around 36 degrees. I had a hard time finding them. Course it was 10 oclock by the time I got to the first hole. I wound up with a channel about 4lbs and a blue about 12 or 14. I left my scale in the house. I used it to weigh out my summer sausage meat. I think I could have caught more channel in the last hole because i had more bites. But it was gettin late and I didnt want to fight the friday nite traffic on hwy 70. I have a friend fishing today. I will relay his story later. Good fishing one and All. Bob

2. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I am impressed that you could find bait and fish in this weather. Congratulations! Hannibal Mike

3. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Mike, we been winter fishin for at least 10 years now. As you no doubt know it took a while to learn. But we are gradually picking up on it. My friend went to the new ramp off old halls ferry rd cause the guys that got to St. Charles before him didnt let their trailers drain before they went to park and the ramp was a solid sheet of ice. He only caught one little blue about 3 lbs. But he found bait rather easily. It is like anything else you got to keep tryin and remembering what you learned.

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on your catch Bob.Thanks for the report.

5. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Way to go Bob, thats what it's all about by sharing info. with each other. I haven't heard of a new ramp off old halls ferry rd, where exactly is it and is it public?

6. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yes it is public. You take 270 to N. Lindbergh. go to old halls ferry make a left, make a right on vail Sp? then a left on old jamestown rd. go down a little ways to the stop sign make a right on the first right. I think Sioux Passage is the name of the park. keep going till the road splits and stay right. follow around to ramp. I have not been there my friend gave me those directions.

7. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Yes Sioux Passage is the park you are speaking of. Just be aware, anyone planning on putting in there in the future, THE PARK CLOSES AT SUNSET AND THE GATE WILL BE LOCKED. So either be off the water by sunset or plan on making a night out of it.