Fished all nite

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by zcat, Aug 26, 2007.

1. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Me and my son fished all nite till 7:30 am. 0 bites,we had big lively blue gill. Last 3 trips 0 fish. We should do better when the water cools.:sad2:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    not to be nosy... where are u fishin? even in the hot weather u should get something. give me a pm. i will try to help you ..rollo

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Don't give up Don. Let us know some more info and you get plenty of advice.

4. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I always have bad luck fishing during a bright full moon! I fished early yesterday evening, had several hits, boated 3, but when the moon popped up around 8 PM the bite was over!

5. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would have to say it was warm water and the full moon. Im fishing off the bank. Fishing near some of the deepest water. Do good there spring and fall just have to wait till water cools.

6. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    There are a lot of flatheads being taken in shallow water the past few weeks where I'm @. I sat and watched guys on a pontoon a couple weeks ago jugging a couple feet down in about 4 or 5 ft of water. They had several large flats in the boat before it was even dark. I've been catching them at the same depth.

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don if you are fishing on the bottom try using a float because during the hot weather the oxygen is better in shallower water. Keep an eye on the baitfish too, they tend to die quick do to the lack of oxygen on the bottom.

8. fitzytbone1

fitzytbone1 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've been out a few times the last couple of weeks. I have 4 fish and too many runs to talk about. I caught a 4 pound channel 2 weeks ago, a 10 pound blue last week and 2 gar last night. The Ohio river was very active last night. We stayed for about 6 hours and had tons of runs but only were able to land 2...leads me to believe the gar were just out and about. We've been using goldfish, israeli carp, bluegill, and shad mostly switching between whatever is getting hits.

9. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey im from covington right on the ohio and i did good today. we will have to fish sometime 2gether

10. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    there is a guy comes in the bait shop catching flatheads during the day using cut shad under a float .he fishes morning till afternoon

i love fishing new moon seems i catch more fish

he fishes by the old covered bridge