Fishbites

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by peewee williams, Sep 26, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Has anyone tried the "Fishbites" bait?thanks,peewee-williams

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    New one to me. Anyone who has used it keep us posted!-------------pk powell:eek:oooh:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've used some in saltwater. The bloodworm flavor has worked good for such as spots, in particular, with a number of seatrout, croaker, whiting, black sea bass, and even a couple of small redfish.
    I tried some shrimp flavor recently and it did ok, but I didn't get to fish too long to give it a good test. Frozen shrimp from my freezer seemed to catch a little better. Squid flavor for me bombed. Didn't catch anything the one time I tried them, but I plan to use them some more.

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Anyone ever try crappie nibbles? Any good? If so where can I get some? I have heard about them and they say they work.
    Bill

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Use the crappie nibbles all the time. Some times they make the difference in catching and not catching. They have what is called a bait pump that allows you to put nobbles into your hollow jigs. Makes them last a lot longer. Most of your bigger companies all carry them.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've never heard of them Peewee I just wanted to say it's good to see your doing well and making post's.

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Seems lately that I have been up and and down like a Yo Yo.That sure beats staying down all the time.Thanks.These Fishbites are advertised as bait that will keep.I would think that the Shrimp might catch Catfish as Shrimp will.I and my son have not been able to find a dip type bait that Catfish will bite in the Savannah and Ogeechee rivers.I have tried our sponsors baits in the past.I very seldom get to go any more,but I can catch fish on worms,live or cut fish and shrimp.Even a few on squid in tidewater.I need a bait that I can afford that works and that I can refrigerate and use again.I can no longer afford to buy much bait,much less buy it and throw it away as useless after trying it every way that I know how.AND it ain;t just me.peewee-williams

8. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What I have heard they out fish the real thang I plan on trying them for the Fall run onspots.

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    David, I had real good luck with spots. I think the fishbites may have outfished shrimp, and one advantage was that I didn't catch nearly as many trash fish. Those little bitty black bass would just swarm the shrimp at slack tide, but they didn't bother the bloodworm fishbites much at all. I did catch several keepers though.

10. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    I regularly use the Berkley crappie nibbles on the hooks of my jigs. Seems to help, especially after the spawn when they move out.BTW, you can get them at Wally World.

11. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I have used them the last couple of times I fished in saltwater. Did real well on the shrimp flaver. Caught some flounder, red fish and sand trout. With the kids, they were about the best thing that ever happened, because they stay on the hook really well. I get to fish, not buy bait and help bait hooks. I like them. I haven't tried the Berkley brand and the others are just available at a few bait shops where I fish.

Jim