Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had any luck on the kaw lately, between Edwardsville, and k.c? I either can't find them or I'm just a lousy fisherman. Nothing I use seems to help. Any tips?

Premium Member
Jon, not knowing your waters, all I can say is keep at it. Hopefully some with knowledge of the Law will speak up. I know Catfish Dave says if there is water, there should be catfish in it.

Welcome to the USCA forum.

Registered
Welcome to the USCA, I think you are going to like it here.

Just curious if you have the invasive Asian Carp there. I fish the Ohio and about 5 or 6 years ago we started noticing we were not catching many juvenile Blues in the 2-10 lb. range but we were still catching the normal numbers of 20+ lb fish. Each season it became harder to put Blues in the boat, bringing us to this year where we have put a total of 8 in in the boat and we fish on average three days per week April thru Oct. Our normal day would be on the water pre dawn, fish till about 10:00 or until the heat got bad netting at least three Blues daily. We just got home from the river camp, fishing Thursday-Saturday staying on the water until noon, we did not get a single take down.

In the stretch of the river we fish the Asian Carp are so populated on a calm day one can see schools 100 yards wide and 1/4 mile long just below the surface. At times they black out the sonar out from surface to bottom they are so thick. I have to wonder if the Carp are competing for some of the same things Blue Cat fry need to survive and grow, with their populations be so much greater and their size being so much larger they are out consuming the Blues.

Sorry didn't help with putting you on any fish but am curious if other waters that used to produce good numbers have declined since the arrival of the A.C. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts