FIsh Trap Bait??

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Fetmo, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Fetmo

Fetmo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hail all,

I have built me 2 fish traps to catch a Lil bait, i am thinking of using canned dog food? put can in and punch holes in it. what yall think? or any better suggestions.

Fetmo:0a23:

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I got this idea from someone else on this site a while back. Take a peice of stocking. Put dry dog food in it and tie it off. I was told that dry dog food will hold its scent for a longer time. I never got a chance to prove the theory because my trap got stolen before I could retrieve it:angry_2:.

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use oatmeal (reg. kind not the quick cooking) I put it in a cheese cloth sack and hang it in the trap. Works good for bream and black perch. I put chicken liver in a cheese cloth sack if I want to catch bullheads.

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I tried dry dog food once and the dry MEOW MIX worked alot better

5. Fetmo

Fetmo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the info guys

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I remember a couple of people posting that they had success using little peanut sized pieces of styrofoam. I guess the only way to find out if it works is to try it.

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    My best luck for gills has been to use dried dog or cat food in a piece of pantyhose. Just don't let mama catch you stealing her pantyhose to cut up to catch bait.:smile2:

8. Fetmo

Fetmo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    ok cool i will try the panty hose thing, and i will try not to let the mama catch me takin um;)

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have an ornimental gold fish and koi pond so i buy fish food by the 100 lb.sack and it works good for bait traps to.its little round pellets so i use cheese cloth or panty hose to hold it to.

10. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Larry

If there is a Feed Store close to you, see if they have any cattle Range Cubes, or Cotton Seed Meal, or better yet Cotton Seed Cake, it is a little hard to find some time, you might be running your traps to soon, it takes about three days for them to really find it, after you get them comming in to the trap always put it back in the same place,
    I also agree that Panty Hose is the way to go ((LOL)):big_smile:

buckethead