Fish Tags?????

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Michael Jake, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Just curious, has any one caught any flatheads with tags??? Mo. Dept. of Conservation has tagged alot of flatheads in our rivers for research and I haven't heard anything.

2. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yea ...I know they have taged fish,seen em doing it.But have yet to boat a taged flat.Know peaple that have and the MDC would pay like a bounty,5 to ? bucks.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I sure havnt caught any of them yet but I'll keep my eyes open for them.

4. river_001

river_001 New Member

Hey Cuz,

I caught a 5lb flathead this summer. It was worth 25 dollars, I got the check but haven't recieved the info. on this fish yet. It paid for half of my entry fees in a tournament the next weekend.

5. shadcat

shadcat New Member

State:
    Marthasville Mo.
    I caught a 7lbs flathead and a 14lbs bluecat on the missouri river about 4 years ago. The flathead was released below alton lock and dam and i caught it below Labidie power plant. The bluecat was tagged in Jefferson city and caught it in that same area as the flathead. The flathead had a metal tag on its gill and the blue was tagged behind the dorsal fin.

6. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    caught a 4# flattie on the Missouri up by Keyetsville, the wound was still bleeding where they put the tag in, I gave the fish to the guy I was with so I don't know anything about where and when.