Fish Tagging

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Biscuit, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va
    Was reading a post earlier about catch and release, and a guy said he would like to know if the fish would live after a long fight, how many of you here tag fish, and keep track of fish. i think it a good idea to tag it, but its not nessecery sp??. so what do you think about tagging?

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I started tagiing flatheads last year. The main reason to see if we were catching the same fish over and over. So far to date I haven't caught any the fish I tagged. Itagged about 60 flats last year. I'll probley start tagging blues this also. I found some real good tags at Fishtaggger.com Thier pretty cheap also. They work great.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Check your state regulations - in many states, it's illegal to mark fish in any way, whether by tagging, cutting a fin or whatever.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    U need to check with ur local fish and game dept, before u tag. Mostly thats the job of the Fish and Game Dept.

5. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    we can't tag in ND but there are quite a few times we catch cats that have been taged from Game and fish. I jot down the tag # and send email or letter to the Dept and they send you all info on it. where it was taged , weight and such.. pretty cool.