Fish tacos

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by pup, Dec 23, 2006.

1. pup

pup New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i dont know where to post this but i need some good fish taco recipes my wife loves them any help would be fantastic god bless and good fishing to all:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

2. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Troy,This is your lucky day,Im from So Cali and Fish taco's are a reg thing for me...You take a pice of fish dope it up with a little salt and pepper make a beer batter (flower-beer-pinch of pepreeka&chily powder)make it thick,dip the fish in it but the fish must be dry before you put it in the batter or it will not stick to the fish.Get your oil HOT then fry your fish the let it drain,Get some Cabage slice it THIN.The sauce is easy Mix up some Mayo a little vinager salt-pepper and a dash of La hot sauce .Now this is how you put it together...Take a soft corn Tort a pice of fish a little bit of cabage and some sauce.WARNING WARNING WARNING you aint never going to eat tater sauce againe..Enjoy Bro................:002:

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    at first i thought this bait :lol: cause i have caught channel cats on taco's from taco bell . never ate a fish taco sounds good tho

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I use smoked Spoonbill to make mine but any smoked fish is good.
    I add red cabbage and black beans and some (guacamuly)-I know can't spell...
    Top with any kind of sauce you prefer. Good stuff.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
  6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Fish tacos.... "Where's the Beef?"

7. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This here is the best way that I like them.You got to try them before you change em:002:

8. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    An authentic Mexican restaurant in OKC sells then. The Name of the place is Taco's San Pedro. They cost 1.50, If in town stop by there and get one and see what they put on/in it. In fact my wife and I were there yesterday. There food is great.

Dave

9. pup

pup New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    many thanks to everyone who gave info about this merry christmas and god bless to all .......good fishing

10. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Never had a fish taco...but I will now!
    John

11. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I am sorry, I guess I am too old and been an OKIE too long, FISH & TACO, DO NOT go in the same sentance. I am glad you did find some one with a strance sence of humor to put the two together. Enjoy and I will try one.:embarassed:

12. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    MY neighbor moved out here from southern Cal and she made them one day. Were'nt too bad except the store bought fish made them taste plain. Bet they'd be good with some fresh catfish.

13. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Leftover fried cat, cheese, sour cream, and (most important!) pico de gallo.

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!!!:lol:

14. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    You folks that never been to So. Cal. or Baja just don't know what you're missing. Around here there is a Mexican restaurant on every other corner and fish tacos are a staple item. Authentic fish tacos depend mainly on fried fish mostly with a corn meal coating rather than flour, thin sliced cabbage, (cabbage keeps for a long time without refrigeration, a consideration At Mexican taco stands) fresh corn tortillas heated to make them soft and the sauce. Sauce for fish tacos very much depends on who makes them, from Ensenada style with the Mayo type sauce to Pico De Gallo from southern Baja and even hot salsa (mo'le sauce) from the mainland. Anyway the best fish tacos are the ones that you are eating now, so give them a try if you haven't yet, your in for a treat.

15. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Tom,Im from So Calif and Im a jonesing for some REAL Mex food.You can get a good stake here in Ok but the Mex food here SUCK'S!!!!Cant find a Cabasa taco in all of OK:sad2: But you can get Bar-B-Q Blogna at every joint in town:crazy:

16. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I forgot to tell yall My little Brother and I would use fresh Yellowtail it is a Drum,they run on avr about 15-25lbs and one of the best eating fish in the Ocean next to red snapper and rock cod or scalpin Okay I will stop there I love them all never had a bad fish from the ocean except for the time we tryed to clean a Blue shark WOW that thing STUNK like Poop:bad_smelly:

17. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Patrick, rock cod and sculpin make excellent fish tacos. The best fish taco I ever had was in Ensenada Mexico it was this lady vendor in a street corner. Ah memories. Will have to try it with yellowtail when I finally catch one.

Jaime

18. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    I'm with ya on that one!

If I have some coleslaw and fish can I just throw it on a slice of white bread with some tamater and onion? I betcha I could shove my face full of fish samitch all day :big_smile: