Fish/Ski into Fish only

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by fireman6x9, Aug 8, 2009.

1. fireman6x9

fireman6x9 New Member

State:
    Phenix Cit
    I am having trouble finding a boat that I like. Would it be worth modding a Fish/Ski boat into a fish only boat? I don't want to have the seats up front. Instead I want to put one livewell and one baitwell where the seats go. Also I don't like the "wrap-around" windshield. I only want the walk through windshield up front not the two that are on the sides of the boat. Is it possible to just take them off? Should I just be more patient and wait for a boat that comes my way that I really like??

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The boat you want is out there. Keep lookin. Knock on some doors of the ones that are still in the driveway covered up. And hope that the Mrs. is home when ya ask if they wanna sell. :wink:

3. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    good question i am going to be looking for a new boat soon too i hope and i have been thinking the same as you.let us know what ya end up with brother

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

IMO, you are going to have to modify any boat you buy for catfishing because only 2 boats exist on the market explicitly for catfishing and they are brand new. Im sure many would even modify those if they bought them. That being said, some boats are more suited or easier to modify than others. I did the mod of taking out the seats and the open bow and putting in a baitwell up front as did my buddy. I am not sure how easy the windshield mod would be. I would attempt to try to find a solid deep V with a walkthru windshield and modify til your hearts content....I am still modding and its been since May. Good luck on your purchase and project and keep us posted on your progress. Feel free to PM me with any questions, i will try to answer them or find you an answer. :big_smile:

5. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like my little bass boat. Itl float in 6 inches of water, and you don't need a net , just reach down and grab it

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i would recomend getting an alluminum boat , old starcrafts are fairly inexpensive and alot easier to modify the interior to your like than a fiberglass boat. check the link below to my modified bayliner bowrider