fish size

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jarhead, Feb 2, 2009.

1. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    could u guys give me the avarage size fish and type that ur catching at these places and if u use scales most of the time cause i would love to giv a set of scales to everyone that says they catch 20 pounders all the time i fish alot and either im fishing the wrong spots or im just that bad i have been trying to break that 20 lb mark for years i fish primarly lake st marys if i could find a spot some what close that held 20lb fish i would like to try to fish it this season

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well I wont lie LOL Im still trying to break the 10lbs with Flatheads although I think I had one on that did a couple of years ago (probably not more than 15 tho).

My average would probably be about 5 lbs I go with the kids and fish predictable spots at Dillon and Buckeye so my range isnt very good.

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think most of the larger than 20# fish consistantly come from the river. You can catch em in the right lake but you won't catch em all the time. I usually only fish for channels in lakes and can pull some 10#, if it was everytime I would quit my job and fish fulltime.

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Josh. There's 20+ lb Flats in the Muskingum River. Common baits used, Bluegills, Sunfish, All species of Bass.

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    welcome to the boc.

the great miami has some nice flats in it,if your kind of close.not sure of any lakes over there.you just got to know the fish and hunt the types of structure they prefer.

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome, the river systems in Ohio will probably produce the most large fish. There are large fish in the lakes though Deer creek,paint creek, for one.Where are you fishing and what kind or size of bait are you using?

7. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome josh, hope you catch the fish of your dreams

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC! Unless I am crazy I am sure there are some Monster Flatheads in Grand lake st mary's, that lake is so large I wouldnt see how there couldnt be. The river systems seem to be the best bet for size in Ohio, but I know ceasar's creek lake, and east fork, also salt fork have some very large flatheads. Chances are they are probably where you are fishing as well, just have to find them. There is a wealth of priceless information on this site from a ton of great anglers. Trust me it won't be long and you will have that 20lber. Good luck in 09!:wink: