Fish Sellers Beware

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Catmanblues, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    After some long extensive work I have finally gotten some action. After all the pounding our local lake has taken here/an area's with the fish Rapers. I've finally got some to stand up an take notice of what's been happening! It's taken the last three years constantly battling an reporting poachers but have now gotten someone to work with.
    I call it an obligation an civic duty to report these illegal activities. I'm able to get pretty much immediate contact with an actual person when violations are happening in my county an surrounding area. As I was told however that it is not guaranteed the man can be there in a minutes notice tho. Was told it may take an hour or two but will be there an that I was to make sure of what I was seeing. Also was told to use a video camera if I had one an that could be used as evidence in case the violation was not occuring upon arrival. Hopefully if even just one is caught that will drop down the numbers being taken. There are limits an size for a fish taken an I will try my best to keep Our waters stocked for the masses to be able to catch.

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go Glenn!

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    way to go glenn thats a good start anyway to get this crap stopped

4. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    ive done alot of bad stuff in my life but a fish raper i am not:big_smile:

5. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    That's what i'm talking about!! Excellent job

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This right here is a post that i hope every member of this site (and all visitors) reads!!! If we would all do our part in helping the DNR then alot of this BS would stop!!!! Reps to you Glenn!!!!!!

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Reps to ya glenn. If everyone turned their back the problem will never go away.

8. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
  9. shotscott

shotscott New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks for looking out for all of us, May we follow in your footsteps. :cool2:Scott

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    damn good job in taking that first step glenn

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    good job glenn reps to ya buddy

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Below is the date time and location of the next ohio ODNR OPEN meeting..Lets try to be there.

Below is the date and time of the next open ODNR meeting, I will be there and I hope many of you.

September 10, 2009, 9am

Wildlife District One Office
    1500 Dublin Road
    Columbus
    This hearing is open to the public and input is permitted within specific time limits. After considering public input, the Ohio Wildlife Council will vote on the proposed rules and season dates during its next meeting.

13. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    be safe out there glenn, and thank you for standing up and getting it done, JACK,ill be there, and thanks for posting it your doing a good job on makeing it seen.LETS MAKE IT LIKE A OHIO GATHERING:wink:

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great job....I have called my county game warden 8 times this week, I have had to leave a voice mail...He has never returned my calls:angry:

15. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Way to go, Sounds like the ball is rolling hope we can keep it that way.
    Good job Glenn.

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
  17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Gotta have your ducks in a row guys- your already out numbered... probably should all pitch in money and get a pro to represent your case that will Force them to deal with you instead of allowing them to roll their eyes and blow you off. You'll have to make a STRONG case to show your right and they're wrong about catfish conservation, using every weapon you can muster.
    I'd start with commercial fishing and work down to limits on number and size, hook number allowed for each fisherman etc.

18. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
  19. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    And yes Bill, I am following you around... Lol No better way to LEARN!

I seen the fish you have caught in the past, and I want to catch some similar or larger. :smile2:

20. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    There is exactly where the problems are. Never seems to effect the way wardens work/loaf on tax payers money. Seems like you may have to just shoot over his lazy arse an call the corporate office. I believe your in the Athens/Columbus district that may be a very good start right there. Let's see if he'll return your call after that!