fish report in kc

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by elvis64505, May 18, 2009.

1. elvis64505

elvis64505 New Member

State:
    st joseph
    Well i missed it again guy's ?
    hope every body had a save trip on the river down there !!
    I know the river had to be bad can't wait to here from all of you that
    fished the KC tourney saturday night

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    20 teams showed up 6 teams had over 70#'s worth of fish. Biggest fish for the night was a 67 pound blue. From the reports I got from boats that came in early saying the river was bad and just "unfishable". Do to all the line grass that was coming down the river. I never would of thought that many boats with weight would of came in. We will have the full results on the website soon.

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fished my first ever river tourny and had a great time! I talked with serveral people and all were friendly and treated me great. I must say that I am hooked on river fishing and will be fishing many more KCK tournys

4. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Riverrunner85 and i fished the tournament and struck out. We battled line trash and dodged debris all night. We fished from grinter house on the kaw all the way to kaw point and could not get a cat for nothing. I got one good run and hook set but lost it due to a 25' piece of old anchor line that snagged into my line. We probably should have ventured on the mo but neither of us are that experienced out there and we figured That inexperience and lots of large debris was a recipe for disaster so the kaw it was. Still had a great time and are looking forward to the The July tournament.We threw cut shad ,live shad goldfish and live and cut gills. We gave it our best. No fish but still a great night on the river:wink:

5. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Went out again last night on the Upper Kaw and caught 3 Blues. 17lbs,38lbs and 19lbs. All on fresh shad heads.

Attached Files:

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nice Blues Ryan, Congrats !!! :big_smile:

7. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ya real nice blues. Glad to see you are doing better than me.I am going to the river This is Bulls^%$:smile2:

8. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
  9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Nice blue Ryan. Looks like you guys had a good night on the river. When you all say you fished the upper kaw is that west of 435?

Tom

10. spanky

spanky New Member

State:
    Missiouri
    Nice blues ryan Just wish we could have traded our 20 pounders for fish like that. Thanks again for fishing with me saturday.

11. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had a great time also! You got my number anytime you need a partner or just want to fish just push send. AND NEXT TIME I AM PAYING FOR THE GAS!!!! LOL!

12. elvis64505

elvis64505 New Member

State:
    st joseph
    I would like to thank every body for posting all the replys and the info
    sounds like for a bad night it didn't turn out to bad !!!
    the fish speeks out for that ??
    hopefuly next time i will make it ??:confused2: until then keep on cat"en:big_smile: