Fish pills

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by JHalden, Aug 16, 2009.

1. JHalden

JHalden New Member

State:
    NorthCalifornia
    Anyone ever used a fish pill? They are the same thing as a puff ball or whatever you wanna call it... It is a small colored styrafoam ball that goes on your hook to keep your bait a lil bit off the bottom. Helps me keep from getting snagged and it has also helped me catch fish when my buddies werent. They were designed for trout and salmon so when you use em for catfish I'm sure the color and size is much less important... Google search fishpill if you wanna see em I didn't wanna seem like im tryin to advertise by puttin the link up.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I never worry with that stuff.:cool2:

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Justin never heard of them ? Where'd you buy these at ?

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I never used them for catfish. But I too used them from trout fishing back home in Maine. I think we called them something different tho. Good idea.

5. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive never used these exactly but i know somenights when i cant entice channel cats to hit...ill put a small styrofoam float down on the line like you are talkin and it will pick the bait up off the bottom quite a bit...therefore its easier for the fish to pick them up and roll with it...just my experience it most certainly doesnt always work or anything....