Fish or party?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by goneflatheadin, Jul 4, 2009.

1. goneflatheadin

goneflatheadin New Member

State:
    cullman al
    Just wondering who all was going fishing tonight? I am

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Going to stay home with family. Start fishing the first of the week.
    Welcome to the BOC

3. goneflatheadin

State:
    cullman al
    Im going to try it , but The lake will be crowded, may come back early.

4. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good luck brother!

I tried to fish last night and every crazy for 100 miles was already drunk and running up and down the river. They were racing at 11 pm in pitch black. Couple of rigs came by must have been running 60 MPH in the dark. I know the moon was out pretty could but there is more logs and junk floating in that river than you can shake a stick at.

The sand bar across from us was already filling up and they shot off more fireworks than most cities do at the official fire works show.

Along with all of the crazies the water patrol was out in full force. Pulling every rig over than was on the river looking to write up some BUIs and haul some rednecks off to the county lock up.

Got home about 12:30 and the wife who is bails bond agent was down at the pokey bailing out 6 differant guys locked up for BUI and it wasn't even the 4th yet.

Im not trying to discourage you but just be careful. As for me I wouldnt go anywhere near the river untill after 5PM tomorrow night.

Good luck and have fun.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Was going to fish, but the ole lady has the night off, so we are going to watch a big fireworks display at the KC Riverfest. :big_smile:

6. goneflatheadin

State:
    cullman al
    I hear ya chad , I know how the lake is on the 4th, i got a good place off the beaton path, maybe away from the crazy's , but you probally right , I might be turning around and going home...........lol

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wont fight the nuts and drunk idiots to fish, went out sat morn and came in that afternoon. Stayen home tonight gona shoot off some. Gona head out Sun cause most of em gota go back to work or will be broke$$ and off the river by then. I got to where I just dont fish the big 3 summer holidays. Cause of the dunk morons.

8. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    They are having boat races down at Big Sand bar on the Alabama. There will be more drunks down there than you can shake a stick at. I would be tempted to go if I didnt have my kids. Im sure there will be a LOT of nice scenery down there.:wink:

Think me and the kids will hang out around the house. Got a couple of briskets on the smoker and a couple of hunder bucks worth of fireworks for them to shot off.

We will head up to the camp on sunday and spend the night. back on the water at daylight and do a little HOG HUNTING.

Good luck if ya head out.

9. goneflatheadin

State:
    cullman al
    I just cooked a brisket myself chad, eating it now

10. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fished last night so I'll party tonight and fish again Sunday...

11. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    sounds good. Mine should be ready about 4. Might have to get into a few of them old bud light cans tonight and chase the old lady around.

HAPPY 4th!!!

12. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    i wanted to but was'nt sure how the booms would effect the fish!!

13. ronniethomas

ronniethomas Member

State:
    iowa
    just got done shooting off fireworks and ready to head to the river now no reason why you cant party and fish but i like to fish mostly at night.

party early fish late, or just party while you fish

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fishing and boozing has no place together in my book.

I dont venture out during the holidays, cause I cant stand to watch all the morons on the water.

15. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    There was way too much Seadoo traffic at the campground today to put a line out. Did some bass fishing close to the bank, but it just wasn't cutting it.

Not to mention I couldn't pass up the options to take out the quads and rip open the Seadoos also. :p

16. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    man I wish I could do either one of those!!! I'm stuck at work all night tonight!!:angry:

17. goneflatheadin

State:
    cullman al
    Well it was crazy on the lake , Like i thought , I came in early, people act like a holiday means do what you want and get away with it......Alote of drunks ....

18. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had Friday off so I fished then, last night I went to the Kid Rock & Lynard Skynard concert instead. I figured this is a good weekend to catch bait for next week when the river is back to normal.