Fish on the bottom

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by RSVBill, Aug 18, 2009.

1. RSVBill

RSVBill New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Recently during my trips on the water between big Bone and rabbit Hash I have noticed a huge decrease on the fish around the structure. Has anyone else noticed this , I understand things change due to traveling currrent.

Large stumps trees and rock formations that are still intact are covering less and less as of late.

I even went as far to buy a new fish finder. yet same results. about the only constant is fish in the 20-25 foot range.

what if anything have you noticed.

thank You
    Bill

2. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I only bank fish so I couldn't tell you about the fish finder. What I can tell you is I've been skunked the last 4 times out, getting only annoying pecks and no runs. The water that I've fished is about 6-8 feet deep. You may be on to something, they may all be deep right now. Thanks for sharing.

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lately i have been catching a lot of fish in holes that i normally fish. however i havent been marking any fish on the finder. which to me means the fish are hugging real tight to the bottom. even when ive been drifting i still havent marked any fish and still caught them. which i assume the fish are on the bottom and comming up to hit the bait. And i fish that exact same area of water that you do and i just havent done too well around any structure to tell you the truth. its just been open areas

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Their still on the bottom.. Just you need to fish close to the creek channel and around clay and rubble bottoms.. good places to target would be that along with steeply sloped banks.

5. RSVBill

RSVBill New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I will be headed out early in the morning if work does not call.

Will try some drifting and maybe a few spot south of the grand vic.

maybe the luck will change,

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey bill i have a spot to put you on some fish...send me a pm if you want it.