Fish On Bait frozen herring bait initial reviews?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Keith@fishon, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Keith@fishon

Keith@fishon New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hey everyone,

Maybe you have seen our new face around here, and if you haven't, feel free to check our (relatively new) BOC Sponsor page:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=463

I'm just trolling for some comments on our frozen herring product - I know a few of you have used our baits, and I haven't heard much back. While that is almost always a good sign, I am curious and want to hear some feedback and/or a product review.

Anyone have initial reports or comments about the bait? Or is everyone still napping from Turkey Day dinner? :wink:

And if you haven't seen our product, take a look at our website, which is listed below in the sig line.

-Keith

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    heck, im still trying to find a way to get some down in this part of the world. Seems like herring would be GREAT bait for cats, and i been saying this since fishing with them for salmon in Washington.

3. Keith@fishon

Keith@fishon New Member

State:
    Florida
    Yeah, that is usually the way people discover our herring... I have had a lot of striper guys call me up using the phone number on the back of one of our Green Label packs, looking to get some bait to be flown into <fill in the blank>.

Overnighting frozen bait is more expensive than the bait itself! I always try to talk folks out of doing this, because spending $250 for overnighting a case is just crazy. We got into this business in the first place because bait was too expensive, so we SURE don't want to add to that.

Sounds like we need a distributor in Texas. We have a few distributors who are interested in our saltwater (off-shore) baits such as ballyhoo, and chum, but they're in Galveston and Corpus Cristi. The one distributor near Brownwood, Texas just does small, small shad.

Anyone know of a guy looking to take on a pallet of herring bait in the Dallas/Waco area for local distribution?

Keith

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    whats the name of the guy in Brownwood?
    I drive throough there all the time and i can stop and talk to him and see if i can talk him into getting some for distribution.