Fish On Bait Company

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Catfish-fever, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to a local baitshop and bought some of the Green Label Herring. These things really work great. At least they do on channels. I may have to try them in the Ohio to see if they attract blues too. I had two poles in the water and could barely get one fish of before the other pole went down. I also think the price is very reasonable. You get 12 fish 6-7" inches in length. I was able to get about 3 cuts out of on fish. They do have a pack with larger herring in them.

2. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mind if I ask where you got the herring? Would like to give it a try sometime...

3. FDR

FDR Member

State:
    Ohio,Cincinnati
    The are one of the BOC sponsors Fish on Bait company

4. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I noticed some of the Hamilton County parks were carrying these this weekend.

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i won some of these last year here on the boc and they are great channel cat bait but what i had was soft and one hit they had your bait so you had to be quick to set the hook or use circle hooks

6. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use only circle hooks when fishing for cats. Especially in the river current.

7. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you go to their website, there is a locator feature that will tell you the nearest supplier. If you are in the Hamilton area, you can always go directly to the wholesale shop there. That is if they still have the walk in shop. I know of at least 5 bait shops within a 10 minute drive of me that is supplied by Hamilton wholesale.

8. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i won some as well but the bottom of container was smashed when i got it and the bags were ripped. there was a bloody mess inside. never got to try them as i had to pitch them. boy did it stink. wish i would have been able to try them.