Fish on a Fish Trotlining

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by BigCatter54, Apr 30, 2009.

1. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    [ View attachment flathead 4-18-2009.pdf

Went Fishing a couple of wekends ago, caught this Flathead, didnt have a scale, guessing 40 (I am 6'6" 255lbs) lbs, he got caught trying to eat the smaller channel (notice the skin removed by the channels tale. Thought I would share. I have set a lot of trot-lines and this is a first for me. Hope you all enjoy.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yea, I've had that happen a couple of times; flathead swalllowed a crappie that was caught on a 2/0 w/minnow and another swallowed a fiddler channel.

3. Vector

Vector New Member

State:
    Midwest
    NICE! How about that!

I caught a 14" crappie on a bluegill last year that was supposed to be bait for a flathead. Crappie didn't have a lick of the hook in him, but the gill was stuck in his mouth.

That's all I've got to compare.....and that's a SAD comparison to what you've got there!

Vector

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Big fish eat little fish! I remember fishing years and years ago on Chickamauga Lake near Chattanooga with my dad; he hung a little 1/2# bass on a topwater plug and was reeling it in, when suddenly a 4# bass chomped down on both the little fish and the plug it was caught on. So, he ended up with 2 bass on one plug on one cast.

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Thats pretty cool! Thanks for sharing the story and gettin' that pic!

6. swampeast

swampeast New Member

State:
    swampeast, MO
    pretty cool! I wouldnt think that flat weight 40 tho?

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thats normal. We used to catch all our flat heads on channels or drum. Also that shows how slow that flat was at eating bait. As the acids in the flat head has been working on the channel cat for a few hours.
    Pete

8. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    the only odd story i have is that one day me and my brother set out our lines before we went and got our bait after we got bait we came back to bait lines and had a 25-30 pound blue on the line with empte hooks

9. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    IT was more than 30, I am 6'6" and 250 lbs, the thrity lb scale was buried.just a guesstimate. He ate good though

10. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    When I was a kid fishing with the neighbor we caught a 22lb flat on a small channel. The side fins of the channel were caught in the flats throat and both were dead the next morning when we found them. I don't remember how big the channel was, probably 2-3lbs. Biggest flat I had seen yet then as a kid, I was ready to start putting huge bait on everything! Not sure I really ever got over that either.....